UK pricing - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 208 > 208 (2019+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-19, 10:44 PM   #1

Default UK pricing

23,350 for the 1.2 130 GT-Line EAT8.

Peugeot clearly thinks they are in the same league as VW now, for that price you can get a fully optioned Polo R-Line.

Guess I'll be waiting for the new Corsa!
Advertisement

Old 09-08-19, 06:36 PM   #2

Which will be a rebadged 208 now PSA own Vauxhall/Opel
Old 10-08-19, 08:10 AM   #3

I'd rather have the Peugeot then set foot in any VAG dealership or drive anything with a VAG badge on it.

Peugeot - voted the most dependable car brand overall by owners in the 2019 JD Power survey.

Old 12-08-19, 04:34 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
23,350 for the 1.2 130 GT-Line EAT8.

Peugeot clearly thinks they are in the same league as VW now, for that price you can get a fully optioned Polo R-Line.

Guess I'll be waiting for the new Corsa!
Pug have been a league higher than VW for a while now.... Pug didn't have to cheat the emissions test like some other large manufacturer did *whistles*
Mr Lee likes this.
BiGK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-08-19, 10:53 AM   #5

Well, I'm an old codger one diagnosis away from handing back my license so I had planned on keeping my pristine 82bhp 2016 example with only 7k on the clock. It's paid for, costs me 20 a year in tax, gives me 48.5mpg and suits me down to the ground.

However, when I saw the new 208 on numerous youtube videos it did get my juices running a bit. And I did think about just one more...?

But not at these prices. Best part of 17k for an entry level 75bhp Active! That is taking the piss. I like Peugeots, bought them for years but short of a catastrophe the one I have now will be my last.
border_all and Norseman like this.
Davrobate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-08-19, 04:43 PM   #6

Picked up a pre-reg 308 Tech Edition 1.2 130 EAT8 from my local dealer for less than the book price of an entry-level 208. All the bells and whistles apart from the gimmicky digital dash in a full-fat hatch rather than a supermini.

Personally, I think Pug have shot themselves in the foot, the 208 was always a good value small first car. I guess there will be a lot of new drivers in Kia's and Hyundai's. A top of the range Kia RIO GT Line S is cheaper than the entry-level 208 now.

No doubt when they announce the new 308 next year it's going to be 30k and up
Old 21-08-19, 08:57 AM   #7

Anyone wanting a cheaper small PSA product can head on down to there Vauxhall / Opel dealer & look at the new Corsa.
reliable406 likes this.
Old 21-08-19, 11:19 AM   #8

You picked up a cheap 308 because it's at the end of it's life. It's about to be replaced by the new 308.

Secondly pricing is correct. Peugeot is going upmarket and differentiating between the brands.

This is how the lineup will be in the future, from "best" to "worst". DS > Peugeot > Citroen > Vauxhall/Opel.

New model car prices are MRRP or Manufacturer Recommended Retail Price. That is not the price you will pay, that is the absolute maximum. Once you get to your dealer, the price will be lower and a certain room to manoeuvre the price to give "discounts" can be given then. Plus I believe post-Brexit pricing is taken into account.

For example, if I offer a car for 17k, I can then give you a 30% discount. You'll be happy thinking you got a great deal. It's just business / marketing.
2Stevo2 likes this.
BiGK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-09-19, 04:04 PM   #9

Interesting pricing. Any idea when they are due into UK dealers?

Huge
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-09-19, 09:14 PM   #10

When I last spoke to the dealership they were hoping to get a demonstrator November, but if the experience I had when I ordered my 3008 is anything to go by factory orders will take 20 weeks plus.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in