ZXC recall - temperature sensor on 207CC - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-15, 11:10 AM   #1

Default ZXC recall - temperature sensor on 207CC

Our 4 year old 61 plate 207CC GT 1.6vTi went in to our Peugeot Dealer for a "value" (99) service and MOT yesterday. They said when we took it in that there may be some recall work necessary in connection with a temperature sensor.

When we collected it later they had carried out the ZXC recall and replaced the temperature sensor. The total cost was 69.51 invoiced to a Peugeot Warranty Account.

The replacement part number is 1611178280 which Google tells me is the EP6 engine coolant temperature sensor. The car is a year out of warranty although has only done 9,000 miles.

I am wondering if this has anything to do with the widely reported problems of water leaking into the wiring loom on the 207. Good to know they are now taking preventitive measures if this is the case.
eyemdee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-15, 02:08 PM   #2

It'll be interesting to see whether anyone else gets that part replaced on a different model of 207 as part of a Peugeot service visit.

I've had the dreaded water in the wiring loom problem on my 61 plate 207 Sportium last year. Mine is the diesel 1.6 engine with 92HP. In my case the water entered from the windscreen washer pump though (according to the main dealer who repaired it). I did get it fully paid for by Peugeot in the end just out of warranty but only after I had paid up front for the repair to be done and struggled for two weeks without the car. The money was refunded to me about two months later.

It could be that Peugeot have now identified a high number of failures (possibly a water leak although we don't know that) on a particular batch of sensors. We can only wait with interest to see whether anyone else gets their sensor changed and whether they are told the reason for the change.
mattalsop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-15, 03:03 PM   #3

We were just told that the sensor was not to current production specification. I did ask if it was anything to do with water leaking into the loom and the service adviser said that he had never come across that problem on a 207.

I also wonder whether our 100% Peugeot Dealer service record has anything to do with it. I could have got a basic service and MOT slightly cheaper at an independent garage but I am glad I opted to stick with our local main dealer on this occasion.
eyemdee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in