white smoke from tailpipe after idle 2012 207 cc 1.6vti - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-08-18, 02:46 PM   #1

Default white smoke from tailpipe after idle 2012 207 cc 1.6vti

Hello everyone, long story short, I started seeing white smoke coming out of the exhaust when I accelerate after letting the car sit for 3 minutes or more. This issue appeared when I had my timing chain fixed. I went to the same garage and they said my engine is messed up!! BUT! my car runs smooth and there is no problem at all, should I blame them for this smoke? because there was no smoke before, I just want this problem fixed please help me.
Ramsay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14-08-18, 06:49 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsay View Post
Hello everyone, long story short, I started seeing white smoke coming out of the exhaust when I accelerate after letting the car sit for 3 minutes or more. This issue appeared when I had my timing chain fixed. I went to the same garage and they said my engine is messed up!! BUT! my car runs smooth and there is no problem at all, should I blame them for this smoke? because there was no smoke before, I just want this problem fixed please help me.
i would take the car back if it wasn't smoking before you took it in. Not sure if i am right but white smoke from tailpipe could be a sign of head gasket blown, crack engine case, or engine overheating, is it thick white smoke you are seeing ????
Old 14-08-18, 07:03 PM   #3

when we had this i was convinced i would be changing the head gasket, but turned out to be air in cooling system, possibly a airlock around the temp sensor. As air doesnt conduct as well as coolant the ecu was making the engine run rich.
A good bleed and a days driving and never came back.

Not saying its the same problem but rule it out first.
stripe88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 20-08-18, 04:06 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripe88 View Post
when we had this i was convinced i would be changing the head gasket, but turned out to be air in cooling system, possibly a airlock around the temp sensor. As air doesnt conduct as well as coolant the ecu was making the engine run rich.
A good bleed and a days driving and never came back.

Not saying its the same problem but rule it out first.
woah! it all hit me now! I changed the radiator too in that garage! and they used a new coolant, what should I do now?
Old 20-08-18, 05:00 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsay View Post
woah! it all hit me now! I changed the radiator too in that garage! and they used a new coolant, what should I do now?
i would have ago at bleeding the coolant system especially if you have driven it around for a bit after the garage changed your radiator, bleed screw will be on a coolant pipe that normally runs to the heater through the bulkhead, easily able to identify just unscrew a little until coolant runs from it and no air..
Old 20-08-18, 07:06 PM   #6

bleed valve on bulkhead looks like a tyre valve cap (left rear of battery) and could be another on the stat housing.
i get engine warm and leave running, wearing rubber gloves squeeze pipes and open valve just enough to see coolant, then repeat a few times.

can take a day to clear steam, backbox needs to dry and ecu needs to learn.
Old 27-08-18, 07:35 PM   #7

Quote:
bleed valve on bulkhead looks like a tyre valve cap (left rear of battery) and could be another on the stat housing.
i get engine warm and leave running, wearing rubber gloves squeeze pipes and open valve just enough to see coolant, then repeat a few times.

can take a day to clear steam, backbox needs to dry and ecu needs to learn.
excuse me sir, what do you mean by : can take a day to clear steam, backbox needs to dry and ecu needs to learn
and how long does it take for the air to come out? and, do I have to add coolant while it is running out of the valve?
Old 27-08-18, 09:03 PM   #8

bleeding it should take 5 mins, then just drive it and see if it gets better or not.
Old 01-09-18, 06:29 PM   #9

Quote:
bleeding it should take 5 mins, then just drive it and see if it gets better or not.
I think I'm starting to lose faith in this car,I took it to another garage just to inspect it, when I let it idle for long the smoke isn't really white, it is kinda blue & it smells like oil. it only smokes after idle, nothing comes out of the tailpipe when starting the engine or while driving.
Old 01-09-18, 07:50 PM   #10

Are you loosing any oil when you check the level, if so the blue smell like oil smoke obviously means your burning oil from somewhere more than likely in the combustion chambers and itís being expelled out through the exhaust manifold. Have you any fault notices showing up on display ..???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in