Where can I source my locking wheel nut key code? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-15, 01:04 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Where can I source my locking wheel nut key code?

Hi,

Long story short - locking wheel nut key has gone missing and I need to order a replacement. I purchased the car from a Peugeot dealership on 4,000 miles but don't appear to have been given the locking wheel nut replacement key code (or the code for the car key replacement either).

I rang the Peugeot dealership, and another local dealership but neither could/would provide me with a way to get the key. I was told that I could simply ring up, tell them the info they needed, and they could give me the correct key code.

(As of yet I haven't rung the dealership who sold the car as new).

I do have 2 barcodes stapled to the back of my service booklet with some long codes on. How long should I expect the codes to be?

Short of breaking off the current nuts and ordering replacements (which is the advice the both dealerships and a local garage have given), is there any other way that I can find out which locking wheel nut key I need to buy?

Many thanks
jules2007uk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-15, 02:26 PM   #2

If you have bag keys were in that has code or some dealers record in handbook. Other than that no way to get code as it is not recorded by Peugeot as most locking kits fitted by dealer at PDI. Some dealers do have an assortment of keys and can sometimes get code by finding one that fits. To be honest peugeot locking nuts are poor quality and give lots of issues get a local garage to remove them and fit standard bolts or quality after market set
Old 06-03-15, 03:18 PM   #3

The two long barcodes you have are for the immobilizer / ignition keys so they are nothing to do with locking wheel nuts. Most garages are able to remove locking wheel nuts usually by breaking them as I have a friend who had that done last year. You'll then need to get a new set of locking wheel nuts.
mattalsop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-15, 03:25 PM   #4

Just a thought.......... Have a look on the invoice/receipt from when you bought the car from a Peugeot dealer. On my receipt where it says the registration number, chassis number etc it also tells me the wheel key code. I guess it depends on how much information you were given on your receipt ! I bought my car nearly new and have been given that information on the sales receipt.
Old 06-03-15, 04:17 PM   #5

Don't know if the 207 is the same as the 307 which has a place to store the wheel bolt key on the plastic tool holder in the spare wheel. It could possibly be there if it's the same.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-15, 04:23 PM   #6

Yes........the 207 does indeed have a plastic holder inside the spare wheel for storing a wheel lock key.
Old 06-03-15, 04:28 PM   #7
Inactive User

Thanks for your suggestions guys,

I didn't have a bag with the car keys in sadly - they were just handed over as is. I have made a pretty thorough inspection of the handbook/receipts/documentation for the wheel nut key code and also got hold of a 3 or 4 random locking wheel nuts to try - but as expected none matched my size unfortunately.

I have been quoted a 'price' to remove the existing locking wheel nuts which is why I thought it'd be worth trying to order a new key if I could in order to save money .

I have a slot in my boot (on top of the spare wheel) which is where the wheel nut key belonged originally, but it isn't there. I had a mobile tyre fitter replace my tyres months back and think that he took it by mistake, but I rang him up and he claims that he doesn't have it. (Also checked in any of the other obvious places, e.g. glove box, side pods, etc).

As a last attempt I thought that I'd contact Peugeot's Twitter account - and they have given me a number to ring. Here's their Tweet:

"If you need it immediately a dealership will have to drill these off or call 08452001234 it is a 7-10 day process"

So sounds promising that I might be able to get a replacement locking wheel nut key if I ring that number. Either way I shall post up my outcome in case this helps somebody else out.

Cheers
Old 06-03-15, 05:23 PM   #8

Am pretty sure the only way to get the code of the locking week nuts u have is from head office in France as mate used to work for Peugeot in a dealership and had similar issue.
ADS77 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-15, 05:48 PM   #9

how did you get tyres fitted with no locking key
Old 16-03-15, 12:24 PM   #10
Inactive User

Hi all, no joy with the number that Peugeot gave me - it looks like every person I speak to at Peugeot either can't or won't give me the code. I even phoned the garage where the car was first sold and they couldn't help either.

I have instead opted to remove the existing wheel nuts at my local garage, and have ordered a new set to replace them.

Hope this helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty9120 View Post
how did you get tyres fitted with no locking key
I did have the locking wheel nut key when I bought the car, but it disappeared after I had my tryes changed. The garage that changed the tyres no longer exists either so I couldn't contact them to see if they have it.

Last edited by jules2007uk; 16-03-15 at 12:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in