Tyre Pressure Sensor Warning - Turn Off? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-12-12, 05:53 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Tyre Pressure Sensor Warning - Turn Off?

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum so many thanks in advance for any help.

Basically I have a 207 1.6hdi 110gt and have replaced 1 of my tyre pressure sensors with a standard rubber one as it corroded and snapped off on me. The "Tyre Pressure Sensor not monitored" alarm now comes up everytime I start the ignition and is slowly driving me round the bend!

I took it to my local dealer today (Perry's in Portsmouth) because they told me they would be able to turn off the warning for 48. After working on it for an hour and a half they then told me they had turned it off but it was replaced with a "tyre pressure monitor turned off" warning instead (or similar wording).

This is obviously no good or different to me so I politely declined to pay there 48 bill and I left with them telling me they had had their top guys on the job but it is impossible to do.

Can anyone shed any light as I know the sensors are a common fault, has anyone successfully had the warning turned off? If so where?
Groover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18-12-12, 06:01 PM   #2
CAB

It depends on car and spec, can be in 2, 3 or 4 places to turn off.

Last 407 I did took sometime to do, but ones before that just a couple of minutes, bet they couldn't find all the relevant sections to turn it off.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-12-12, 07:11 PM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAB View Post
It depends on car and spec, can be in 2, 3 or 4 places to turn off.

Last 407 I did took sometime to do, but ones before that just a couple of minutes, bet they couldn't find all the relevant sections to turn it off.
So it should be possible then?

With my blind faith I thought Peugeot themselves should be the experts and if they can't do it then nobody can.

Does anybody know of anywhere in the Hampshire area that might be able to do it?

Old 18-12-12, 07:15 PM   #4
CAB

Don't see why it can't be done pugs are all pretty similar, but I've never been asked to turn it off on a 207 so I'd need to have a good look.

Search the forum for peugeot planet map to find someone who can take a look for beer money.

Some pug dealers are better than others
Old 18-12-12, 07:26 PM   #5
Inactive User

I've found a couple of people on planet peugeot now who are local but I can't private message them until I've made 20 posts.

Thanks for the help CAB
Old 18-12-12, 07:29 PM   #6
CAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groover View Post
I've found a couple of people on planet peugeot now who are local but I can't private message them until I've made 20 posts.

Thanks for the help CAB
https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...fore-pm-13646/

Post away here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in