Turbo oil feed pipe 207gti - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-18, 06:16 PM   #1

Default Turbo oil feed pipe 207gti

Help needed, I have a leak on the turbo oil feed pipe and I need to change the lot as I believe the bottom fitting has gone as well do you need to remove the front bumper to gain access??
Richard 2934 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-18, 06:23 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard 2934 View Post
Help needed, I have a leak on the turbo oil feed pipe and I need to change the lot as I believe the bottom fitting has gone as well do you need to remove the front bumper to gain access??
it's a total pain in the rear to do, as need take downpipe off as well that's once u for the heatshields off which are a total nightmare.

Easiest way to do is to remove the full front end.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
ADS77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-18, 06:48 PM   #3

Looks like a nightmare I have had my head under the bonnet for the last hour scratching my head on how to get the last bolt off the heat shield, looks like the front end off like you mentioned, how easy is that??

Old 01-11-18, 06:51 PM   #4

Quote:
Looks like a nightmare I have had my head under the bonnet for the last hour scratching my head on how to get the last bolt off the heat shield, looks like the front end off like you mentioned, how easy is that??
it can be done but it's very very awkward both the top heat shield and the bottom one that covers the cat.

if front end off it's number off, drain radiator, maybe move air con pipes to side, downpipe off, heat shields off, extra heat shield off then u get access to the bottom part of the oil feed.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 01-11-18, 06:51 PM   #5

Not as hard as you think
Old 01-11-18, 07:16 PM   #6

Ok thanks both for your replies, is there any online tutorials ect on taking the front end off I have heard itís a case of up on axle stands take front wheels off remove wheel arch liners to get access to bolts and clips then some on the front end to remove front end?? Am I on the right track ??
Old 02-11-18, 01:31 AM   #7

Quote:
Ok thanks both for your replies, is there any online tutorials ect on taking the front end off I have heard itís a case of up on axle stands take front wheels off remove wheel arch liners to get access to bolts and clips then some on the front end to remove front end?? Am I on the right track ??
u sure are !

should be 2 x 10mm bolts on the wing, 4 torx20 bolts iirc on top of the bumper, might be 2 x 10mm bolts underneath but they very prone to snapping the bracket so might not be on the car, then start to pull the bumper off and disconnect the fog lights.

best way of replacing the pipe is take it to a fluid transfer company such as Pirtek and get them to make you a braided hose. Standard ones are very prone to failing as u now know!
Old 03-11-18, 04:19 PM   #8

I have now removed the front end and headlights and now I am stuck with removing the radiator as I have never tackled one of these before so might get a mechanic to remove it, I did notice a bit of oil in one of the pipes leading from the turbo to the intercooler is this normal or a sign of something else wrong??
Old 03-11-18, 06:00 PM   #9

It's normal unless it's loads of oil.
Radiator is 2 torx bolts at the top and it just lifts out (after draining of course).
Eccles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-18, 11:22 AM   #10

Itís only a few splashes of oil, will keep an eye on it, regarding the rad, thereís another thin rad in front of the engine rad is that to do with the air con and if so does that need removing? Also do I need to remove the bonnet catch mechanism? Told you I havenít done this before🙄
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in