Traces of oil in HDi turbo inlet - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-15, 04:16 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Traces of oil in HDi turbo inlet

It's a 207 HDi Sport with 81,000 miles. The oil seems to be from the crankcase breather, because the plastic duct from the air cleaner forwards to the turbo is connected halfway along to a breather and the oil starts there. The engine is not overfilled on the dip stick. Everything runs fine and smoothly.

My main concern is whether I've bought a lemon, as I only have 3 months of warranty and it's only an RAC 'Gold' level which I suspect won't be much help.

Any comments, please?

Last edited by Snerdely; 11-07-15 at 04:17 PM.
Snerdely is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-15, 05:28 PM   #2
Inactive User

That's normal,blow by pushing oil through the breather system is normal in diesel's. Only need to worry about it if you are topping it up very regularly.
joe366 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-15, 01:00 AM   #3
Inactive User

Thank you.

That's encouraging. I'm using proper C2 oil to PSA 2290 spec, so I guess I should be OK with the small amount being lost--no change in oil level for 1,000 miles since last change.

I think I upset the "anti pollution" warning on the dash by running it for a minute with the air cleaner pipe disconnected, so I could feel the amount of gas coming out of the breather. It recovered after a while, but I should be more careful not to upset it in future :-)

Now I have to investigate the rear brakes. I tried an emergency stop and they felt a bit "meh". Offside rear caliper isn't biting as hard on the handbrake and the disc is worn unevenly so I guess the caliper is seized.

I wonder if the RAC warranty covers it? No, probably not! :-). Has anyone here experience of RAC warranty claims?
Snerdely is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-15, 10:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snerdely View Post
I wonder if the RAC warranty covers it? No, probably not! :-). Has anyone here experience of RAC warranty claims?
If you bought the car from a dealer within the last 6 months then they should repair it irrespective of any warranty. You are covered by the Sale of Goods Act as the fault must have been there when you bought the car.
eyemdee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in