Stereo beeping after BSI swap - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By reliable406

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-05-18, 12:46 PM   #1

Default Stereo beeping after BSI swap

Good Afternoon,

I have a 2006 Peugeot 207 (1.6 16v Sport) which I have recently swapped the BSI and ECU on due to water ingress damaging the previous ones. The car is now working fine but I have a problem where the stereo constantly beeps when its turned on. Reading a few posts on this forum suggests that I need to get the BSI matched with the stereo.

A few local auto electrical places have given me mixed advice and prices for this and one suggested I need the "secret four digit code" from both the old and new BSI to complete this. Is this correct?

I also contacted my local Peugeot dealer and they stated they can do it but they want to charge me 90 to do it. Is this a normal price for this work as the previous posts I've read suggest its a relatively straight forward job. Also is anyone aware of anywhere near me (Caerphilly, South Wales) where I could get it done at a more reasonable price.

Many Thanks

Daniel
DKeenan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29-05-18, 01:39 PM   #2

Find someone on the planet map they can code the new BSI VIN to the radio no security code needed
Old 29-05-18, 02:25 PM   #3

Thank you, I've now located the Planet Map and contacted the Cardiff user. I'm currently awaiting their reply but fingers crossed they can help. I really don't want to have to give Griffin Mill 90 for a job that will no doubt take them 10mins to complete.
DKeenan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 29-05-18, 05:03 PM   #4

Radios are vin coded to the BSI so if BSI is changed the NEW vin code in the replacement BSI needs coded to the radio it really is that simple
DKeenan likes this.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in