Some help from the gurus plz :-) - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-17, 03:00 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Some help from the gurus plz :-)

I bought a 207 cc 1.6 petrol 88 kw from 2007 for my wife the other day. While driving the car home i started getting a sweet smell in the car from outside while windows were open. Did a lot of reading and came to the conclustion that there was an antifreeze leak. Followed my nose and came to conclusion that thermostat housing was leaking somewhere. There were some antifreeze leak marks on exterior pipes. Ordered new part online. Part is exactly the same and fits perfectly except it had one extra pipe fitting. I blanked that out with a silicone plug which did the trick. Now here is where my problems start

I took a picture of pipes before removing thermostat not to forget....Unfortunatly my 6 year old daughter deleted the pics :-(

Have I reconnected pipes correctly?

2nd question :

I filled up anti freeze to minimal, opened heating inside car (not my AC) to max and started car. I saw immediatly that antifreeze started coming back into holder. Car worked for maybe 3 minutes, tempreture gauge inside did not move and all of a sudden went to MAXIMUM and got message to stop car. Fan started working. I immediatly turned car off. I have tested the electrical plugs of both sensors and i do get a current reading.

What am I doing wrong? Or is it the whole housing unit? I did try to find answers on the forum before asking, but did not find any.

Also when i drained old antfreeze, there was no oil mixed with it. So i take it that there is no cracked cylinder head or gasket blown.

Once again thanks to all that can help me out...wife really wants to drive her car :-)
Attached Thumbnails
thermostat1.jpg   pipes.jpg  
henk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in