Second hand 207 service - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-05-18, 11:27 PM   #1

Default Second hand 207 service

Hi all, this is my first post. I registered here because I bought a second hand 207 last week, 1.4 V8 2008. If I believe the seller it had a standard service last month (oil change, oil and water filter change).

I do not know any mechanic that I trust, so I try to get as much information as possible. Is there anywhere that I can find what needs to be changed and when for the car?

I am mostly worried about the timing belt. The car has 83k miles and it is 10 years old. Should I assume that the timing belt has been changed? Is there any way to check this other than the obvious? When do I need to change the gear box? And where can I find such information? I have the handbook, but it is completely useless.

I should add that I cannot contact the previous owner as I bought if from a dealer who bought it from an auction.
gmotusus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-18, 01:58 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmotusus View Post
The car has 83k miles and it is 10 years old. Should I assume that the timing belt has been changed?
Nope. In fact, assume that's the reason why the seller got rid.

If it had been done the seller would have made a big deal of the fact and you'd have receipts.
Old 01-06-18, 04:01 PM   #3

but changing a belt on a 8 valve wont cost to much.
stripe88 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-18, 06:47 PM   #4

Thanks for your replies. I have decided to change it just in case. Do you by any chance know where I could find the information about how often these things need to be changed? Cambelt, clutch, gearbox etc. I cannot find any official information online.
gmotusus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-18, 08:00 PM   #5

The cambelt needs to be changed periodically, the clutch when it is worn - depends on how it's driven, the gearbox oil whenever you replace the clutch.
Engine oil and filter between 5-10k miles depending on how ocd you are and what oil you use, air filter around 20k, pollen filter annually, plugs at 48k.

Roger.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in