Rough start / heater fault - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-13, 08:40 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default Rough start / heater fault

Morning all. I am new to the forum so hello.
A month ago I purchased a year old 207 Sportium 1.4 Vti. The car is great however yesterday I had an issue with it. Starting it from cold was nigh on impossible. The car eventually started , backfired and sounded really rough like running on 3 cylinders. When I pressed the accelerator the car cut out. This happened a couple of times however I left it to run of its own accord and after a minute or so I could press the accelerator fine and the engine ran smoothly.
However driving along the motorway I noticed the temp gauge had shot up to just below the red line. I hurriedly turned the heating to find lots of hot air coming through and the temp gauge started to drop. The engine still running smoothly with no warning lights. I originally thought the radiator fan switch was faulty and the fan wasn't coming on but on stopping the fan came on fine although it ran for a while.
This morning again a really rough start and after a minute the engine runs fine but the temp gauge reads high on first start i.e it goes to a quarter.
It will be going back to Peugeot as it is only 1 year and 5 days old and has only 2k miles on it.
I am a bit bemused. Any ideas?
555 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-13, 09:51 AM   #2
davidireland

Get a diagnostic check done. Coolant temp sensors give loads of throuble on this BMW engine.

Also cooling fan operating is a product of an engine management fault not necessary an overheating engine.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-13, 09:53 AM   #3
Inactive User

Thankyou. Yes I will . It is still under warranty with Peugeot.

Old 17-04-13, 07:25 AM   #4
Inactive User

Since this post I have had the stop light on and temp gauge fault come up. The car has been diagnosed with a faulty temp sensor and wiring loom!!!. This is being replaced under warranty. Hopefully I have my new car back before the weekend.
Old 17-04-13, 07:28 AM   #5
davidireland

Great stuff. Knew it was something like that.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-04-13, 08:08 AM   #6

Its really interesting that the engine relies on the temperature gauge to ensure smooth running. It just goes to show that its not just there to show us on the dash gauge.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in