Rocker Gaskets - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-06-15, 11:55 AM   #1

Default Rocker Gaskets

Hi Guys
Rocker gaskets have started to leak over the last few months on my 07 207 1.4 16v just priced parts up and are very reasonable at 28 + the usual , was asked if i need the silicon ? paste for gasket ,, The question is do i need it or does it only get used on certain models, I know one of the many Guru's on here will be able to point me in the right direction
Many thanks Paul
whiskyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-06-15, 01:22 PM   #2

on the vti there is the big rubber type gasket and 6 o rings, never used any instant but did notice it had a rubber type gasket paste on the corners, so was carefull not to take it off when cleaning.
so if its leaking from there i would recommend a instant gasket paste to reseal it.
whiskyboy likes this.
stripe88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-06-15, 02:51 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply Stripe looking round forums it seems that the 1.4 is prone to leaks at the corners so i think a generous amount of the paste may be required
Thanks Again Paul

Old 25-06-15, 12:21 PM   #4
Inactive User

on the mrs car i had to have three goes at sealing the cover, the third time i removed the rubber gasket and put some sealant between the cover and gasket as well as the gasket to rocker housing face, that worked in the end
whiskyboy likes this.
mickgsf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25-06-15, 02:25 PM   #5

thanks for reply , was also wondering how far through the studs go down into cam carrier is it cam out job or are they just short studs that secure it , wondering if releasing pressure is going to cause further leakage
Thanks again paul
Old 25-06-15, 03:47 PM   #6
Inactive User

it was just the top cover on the cam housing i had sealing problems with which is fixed by approx 1/2in long screws
whiskyboy likes this.
Old 25-06-15, 06:43 PM   #7

Thanks for that Mickgsf looks like a job for morning will post back assuming that it fixes leak
Thanks Paul
Old 30-06-15, 02:05 PM   #8

Popped a bolt out this morning and there substantially longer than a half inch probably an inch or more , bit worried that if i take more out im going to disturb the cams and cause a nightmare could anyone shed any light on what the bolts actualy hold down and is there a further gasket to replace below the black silicon ones i have , sorry to be a pain but have visions of total screwing things up
Old 03-07-15, 12:41 PM   #9
Inactive User

May have been wrong wth the length of the screws but they definitely only fix the top (black plastic) cover to the cam housing. By the way it is the front cam cover i am talking about not the rear one, i don't know if they are different. It's not leaked since i re-did it a few months ago.
whiskyboy likes this.
Old 03-07-15, 07:36 PM   #10

thanks for taking the time to reply mickgsf will do swap over weekend and post back thanks again
Paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in