Reversing Camera - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-04-13, 05:47 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Reversing Camera

I managed to fit a Maplin 30 colour reversing camera to the double din clarion in my Sportium yesterday. very pleased with the outcome . Apart from some careful trim removal it wasnt too bad to install. So now when you put it in reverse the camera comes on. For 30 it was definately a good buy.
555 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 30-04-13, 01:06 PM   #2
Inactive User

I have a camera sat in my boot ready to fit to the missus Sportium. How did you wire it in to auto select the camera when reverse is engaged? I assume you simply take the feed from the reverse lights?
SteveA4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-04-13, 01:36 PM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveA4 View Post
I have a camera sat in my boot ready to fit to the missus Sportium. How did you wire it in to auto select the camera when reverse is engaged? I assume you simply take the feed from the reverse lights?
My camera came with a black and red wire so far along . The black I earthed with the other earths behind the rear quarter trim and the red goes to the white wire on the n/s tailight plug which is + when reverse is applied.
At the other end you should have a yellow phono jack that goes to the camera lead supplied with the Clarion and the red wire that i had attached to the yellow phone is attached to the purple and white wire behind the Clarion that is on its own doing nowt.
Luckily there are two black stickers under the rear number plate that covers two holes. I used one of these to feed my lead through so I didnt have to drill anything at all.
surfsup likes this.

Old 30-04-13, 10:15 PM   #4
Inactive User

Cool, sounds as simple as I was hoping it would be. My main concern at the moment is removing the boot lid trims as they don't feel all that sturdy to be popping off.

This is the camera I've got to fit, also got a spare SMD LED numberplate bulb so the plate illumination remains uniform

Just need to stop mucking about with my motors long enough to crack on with sorting it for her.
Old 01-05-13, 03:22 PM   #5
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveA4 View Post
Cool, sounds as simple as I was hoping it would be. My main concern at the moment is removing the boot lid trims as they don't feel all that sturdy to be popping off.

This is the camera I've got to fit, also got a spare SMD LED numberplate bulb so the plate illumination remains uniform

Just need to stop mucking about with my motors long enough to crack on with sorting it for her.
The boot lid trim should snap off okay. Luckily there is enough of a gap to get a long flat blade screwdriver in next to the clips. Once you have popped one or two the rest are easy. I only broke one clip but it all went back okay. Modern trim on all cars is very poor and not really meant to come off.
Old 18-06-16, 05:31 PM   #6
Inactive User

Did you manage to fit it? mine does not fit in the trim... do you have to cut some peace out of the trim? and can you tell me where the rear cable of the rear light is located?
stingone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-06-16, 10:31 AM   #7
Inactive User

I had to trim the plastic trim that sits over the numberplate. 2 mins with the Dremmel and a quick touch up and it was good as gold.

If you want a camera already working our 207 is for sale *blatant plug* as we're picking up a Fiesta Eco-Boost Titanium 125 on Thursday.
Old 20-06-16, 11:46 AM   #8
Inactive User

Thanks for your update... i had to do the same had to take out small peace of the trim above the license plate...

Did you placed it on the left or right side if you stand behind the car?
Old 20-06-16, 11:48 AM   #9
Inactive User

Placed mine on the left but thinking the right would have been better for it. Not changing it now though lol
Old 20-06-16, 12:02 PM   #10
Inactive User

I placed mine on the right using a wireless module. Picture is little bit rotated couple of degrees but looks good

I connected the unit to the reverse light and the led to the existing license plate unit. works good but now looking for a led T10 with canbus error correction..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in