Reverse parking sensors - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-06-13, 10:33 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Reverse parking sensors

Hi guys my reverse parking sensors have stopped working, just comes up on LCD display reverse parking assistance faulty! Any ideas on where to start to find the fault? Thanks guys
Ollie1991 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 15-06-13, 10:40 PM   #2
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie1991 View Post
Hi guys my reverse parking sensors have stopped working, just comes up on LCD display reverse parking assistance faulty! Any ideas on where to start to find the fault? Thanks guys
You need a dealer diagnostic to be hopeful in a resolution. However this could be one of the four sensors in the rear of the bumper. They are fragile and even adverse weather can affect them.

I suggest you contact the dealer or a member on this forum who has access to Peugeot Planet 2000 for a diagnostic. Otherwise it would be easy to throw money at parts to cure the situation.
matt002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-06-13, 10:45 PM   #3
Inactive User

Ok thanks, but none of the sensors work at all surely if it was one of sensors then wouldn't 3 of them work at least? I would imagine there will be some sort of switch when your put it in reverse could it be this maybe?? Thanks

Old 15-06-13, 10:50 PM   #4
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie1991 View Post
Ok thanks, but none of the sensors work at all surely if it was one of sensors then wouldn't 3 of them work at least? I would imagine there will be some sort of switch when your put it in reverse could it be this maybe?? Thanks
No you will find just one faulty sensor is enough to get the warning. I believe that the 207 uses the BSI to reference the reversing so it is unlikely. I would say there is more chance of the parking assistance ECU being faulty.
matt002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-06-13, 10:10 AM   #5
Inactive User

Hmm sounds more trouble then its worth, think I may just leave it, don't need them anyways i know how to reverse
Old 17-06-13, 12:01 PM   #6

If the error is displayed when put into reverse, it cant be the switch on the gears (also check your reverse light comes on!)
With Planet, it can tell you which sensors is faulty. Mine just says something about the interior sensor??? whats that about!
The ECU as far as i know is located in the spare wheel space, but havent confirmed this yet.
Old 17-06-13, 01:08 PM   #7
davidireland

Imterior left or right. There are 4 sensors.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-06-13, 03:36 PM   #8
Inactive User

Ollie, I had the same problem with my wife's 207 auto. At first the sensors would work intermittently, then stopped altogether.

I was about to book it in to the dealer when I happened to use a pressure washer instead of my usual bucket/sponge/hose to clean the car. Cured!

Although you shouldn't blast the sensors directly, there could be a bit of grit or sand causing the problem.

Mine have been fine for months now. Worth trying before you spend out on diagnostics.
72 dudes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-06-13, 03:51 PM   #9
Inactive User

Had the same problem with my sensors on my 407 2005 reg.Took each sensor out as advised on here and spayed with w/d40 but still not working.Had the ECU box thats in the boot apart and sprayed the contacts but still no joy.Looks like i may have to take it to a auto elec or peugeot planet to get it sorted.Let us know how you get on pal.??
rilalf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-06-13, 04:58 PM   #10
Inactive User

May have to try that then! Lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in