Reverse lights and Air Con not working - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-10-18, 10:51 PM   #1

Unhappy Reverse lights and Air Con not working

Hello everybody!

I bought a used 59 plate 207 1.4 8V having 85,500 miles, and it has this problem of the reverse lights and the air con not working.
The day I bought the car, I noticed only one of the reverse lights working (didn't care to check the air con at that time). I thought to my self that the car came with just one reverse light. A week after buying it, the cambelt snapped (it was replaced at 80,000 miles by the previous owner apparently). The dealer got the engine work done, with a new cam belt, IV and EV along with a new water pump. I also mentioned to them about the air con not working, to which they checked and said it was due to the refrigerant level being too low, the compressor wouldn't start. I get home and I notice that the reverse light won't get on when in the reverse gear. I didn't want to deal with those people again and started investigating myself.

The reversing switch had a continuity when in the reverse gear, but there was no power coming into the socket that the switch connects to, and neither was there any continuity. The bulbs are fine too (this is when I learnt that the car has two reversing lights). I even checked the fuses, both under the bonnet and behind the glovebox, all were fine. I believe it's the same wiring loom that runs from the battery to the reverse switch, the alternator and then to the compressor, which might suggest the reason for the air con to not work. (no power)
I took the car to a garage close to me, and they said that it is the fault of the BSI. They filled the air con system with the refrigerant as well, but the compressor wouldn't start, which they say is probably due to the BSI as well.

Any circuit diagrams or schematics or any sort of other troubleshooting methods would be of real help. My MOT is getting near, and the new MOT rule says that the reverse lights need to work, which is why I am worried. I don't really care for the air con. If things don't work out, I might run a wire from the reverse switch directly to the reverse lights, as a temporary solution just for the MOT sake.

Thank you!

VIN: VF3WCKFT09E064777
Workflick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14-10-18, 10:20 AM   #2

try bsi reset.
stripe88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-10-18, 12:17 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripe88 View Post
try bsi reset.
Tried it multiple times, nothing...

I found this connector disconnected (blue) near the Bsi, what could it be? 🤔
Attached Thumbnails
img_20181015_120512_1539602167626.jpg  
Workflick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 15-10-18, 02:00 PM   #4

Why do you not go back to the dealer you bought it from and get him to fix it?

The rules are straighforward, any fault found within 6 months of purchase is legally deemed to have been there at the point of sale, it's up to the dealer to prove otherwise.
Old 15-10-18, 06:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilec View Post
Why do you not go back to the dealer you bought it from and get him to fix it?

The rules are straighforward, any fault found within 6 months of purchase is legally deemed to have been there at the point of sale, it's up to the dealer to prove otherwise.
On a 9 year old car?. Really?.

Roger.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in