Retrofit speed limiter issue - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-09-19, 09:35 AM   #1

Default Retrofit speed limiter issue

Ok so yesterday when off work I got round to fitting the cruise and speed limiter on my 207 (2009)

ECU/BSI programming went smooth - no issues at all

Tested Cruise and it does everything itís supposed to do, switches off with clutch or brake and resumes when asked to so thatís absolutely fine

Speed limiter , hmm not so well.

Can set speed and it works, can slow down, speed up and it stops car at set limit.

BUT ...if I want I accelerate past the limit I have to put accelerator all way down and it accelerates as youíd expect if need to emergency exceed the limit set. It however displays ď- -ď and wonít resume speed limit even after switch off via stalk .

Does this mean the accelerator pedal is wrong type? I donít feel any button or resistance when pressing all way down but Iíd have thought if it limits in first place then the switch was there to allow me to over-ride it ?

I did read it maybe the brake switch lagging as itís supposed to open/close the two sets of contacts within a certain time of each other but not convinced on that to be honest as when testing speed limiter I donít touch brake for it to happen and cruise works fine

Anyone know exactly how to tell if accelerator pedal is correct type? Is a number easy to find on it or a certain number of wires out of block at top ?

Iíll look tonight so asking for any heads up on what to look for if anyone has had same issue?

If get chance Iíll also look on service box for my car and see if says what pedal Iíve got. Bit crap trying to do via phone, definitely not mobile friendly

If I have to Iíll just disable the speed limiter but would be nice to get it going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dcgpx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 17-09-19, 03:42 PM   #2

Sound like you do not have the throttle pedal with the override switch so the limiter is going into fault mode which can only be reset by cycling ignition

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Old 20-09-19, 10:14 PM   #3

the moral of the story with speed limiter retrofit.... don't lol

not worth it, just use cruise.

if program it in with the wrong pedal, it just causes issues.
ADS77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 21-09-19, 12:28 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADS77 View Post
the moral of the story with speed limiter retrofit.... don't lol

not worth it, just use cruise.

if program it in with the wrong pedal, it just causes issues.

Hmmmm maybe

Thing is Iím still not sure why Peugeot deem it ok to fit all the switches for cruise yet not the part for speed limit?

Surely itís far easier to fit it all then if need be itís a simple dealer fitment, not that they want us minions to do it ourself of course

Def strange way they do it .

I can live with the SL issue at moment , once I get chance to see how easy/hard it is to fit a correct pedal I might just get it all in place .

Not had chance to go into service box yet and see what it says against my VIN for exactly what I have fitted or what I need.

Q for those in know - when I go onto SB and enter my VIN are all the parts shown in diagrams for my car or still generic 207? How do you determine car specifics?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dcgpx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in