Replacing Bonnet Release Cable - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GrahamPye

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-10-15, 07:19 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Replacing Bonnet Release Cable

I've managed to break the bonnet release handle (too much stuff in the car on the way to the tip!) and although I've got a new one, it only comes complete with a cable attached and it looks like you have to replace the whole thing. I can see how most of it comes out, but it looks like there's a cable clip underneath the battery, which is going to be a bit of a pain to get to.

Has anyone replaced one of these and has any tips?

Thanks,

Graham
GrahamPye is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 15-10-15, 08:37 PM   #2

I would be looking at a means of parting the cable from the handle when you get the new one.
roybach is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-10-15, 09:38 PM   #3
Inactive User

Default Doesn't look easy...

Yes, that was my plan too, however the outer of the cable seems to be "welded" to the plastic frame of the lever, also, it doesn't look like it's going to be very easy to get the "ball" end of the cable out of the lever without breaking lever out of its surround.

Thanks for the suggestion, though!

Graham

Old 17-10-15, 07:19 AM   #4
Inactive User

Default Don't try this at home, children...

The sticking point is one clip underneath the battery box, which needs to be removed to get to the clip. First disconnect the three connectors to the ECU and remove that. Next disconnect and remove the battery. Then unclip all the various pipes and cables that are attached to the battery box. Remove two bolts in the bottom of the box and remove it. by pulling it forward from the rear mountings. Now you can get to the problem clip on the bonnet cable underneath the box on the side rail of the body.

Moving inside, unclip and pull off the plastic panel covering the left sill. Remove about five screws holding the glove box in (you don't need to separate the door, take the whole lot out in one piece) and take the box out. You need to disconnect the glove box light and the air bag switch. Then you can just about get to the whole run of the cable.

I recommend attaching something to the bonnet end before pulling it through to the inside to make sure you can get it back through again! The reverse the process :-)

Total time about two and half hours.

Graham
roybach likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in