Remote key fob entry - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-17, 06:11 PM   #1

Default Remote key fob entry

Hi all, the remote key fob on my 207 2008 1.4 vti has never worked unless it is right next to the ignition barrel. This is the same with my spare. Both batterys have been checked and are fine. Also main dealer looked at it and couldn't diagnose the problem.

I have read on here about soldering part of the circuit board to improve signal strength. Can anyone who has done this tell me which part as it seems so intricate I can't see how you would do it. Or any other advice would be much appreciated, been trying to solve this on and off for over a year now. See pictures for inside the fob. Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
20170903_165927_1504458657037.jpg   20170903_165945_1504458694047.jpg  
scoey1001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-17, 06:32 PM   #2
pdg

If both keys are suffering the same lack of performance I'd be looking at the car instead of the key...
pdg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-17, 06:39 PM   #3

Point taken. I take it there is no way to diagnose this? Is it just a case of replacing the comm2000 unit and hoping that does the trick?

Old 03-09-17, 07:30 PM   #4
pdg

The remote receiver appears to live there, so maybe.

Might be worth trying a bsi reset if you haven't already?

There are ways to diagnose, but if you had access to the kit required to properly test RF gear you probably wouldn't need to ask about it...

Personally, I'd rip the comm unit open and see what's inside - if you're looking to buy another either way there's nothing to lose.

I'm not doing it on mine though, mine works

However, if you do replace it I could very well be interested in a broken one so I can justify doing the ripping apart learning process
pdg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-17, 07:39 PM   #5

Thanks. However just remembered that at the dealers they had a reciever unit to test keys and neither of mine was sending a signal out. Which would make me think that the problem would be with the key? Is there part of the internals of the key that can wear over time which reduces the signal strength maybe? as both keys are old and battered.
Old 03-09-17, 10:36 PM   #6

Get hold of Trustme on this forum, he is a vehicle locksmith and should be able to test/repair your fobs for you.
WillNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-17, 10:39 PM   #7

Thanks will give him a shout. Anyone else with any ideas please let me know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in