Remote Central Locking - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-01-13, 06:45 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Remote Central Locking

I've just bought an 08 plate 207 Auto Sport which was supplied with one key, which appears to be an aftermarket replacement as it doesn't have the Peugeot logo on it.

This key will open the doors from the keyholes (opening one door opens all doors and the boot) and will start the engine, it just won't work for remote locking.

The dealer I got the car from suspect it's a faulty keyfob and have said they'll sort it "next time they get one in with two keys" but I'm not convinced that they know what they're doing.

So, can anybody confirm whether the key for this model should be a two button model rather than the 3 button (one for the boot) shown in the manual?

Is the faulty key fob theory a sound one? It seems reasonable that if the key will start the engine it must be sync'd with the car properly.

Thanks for any input.
uksteveb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 30-01-13, 04:15 PM   #2
Inactive User

I also have a 1.6 Sport auto 08 model.

Our car came with 2 keys, both of which are identical - Peugeot logo and 2 buttons (unlock and lock). The key 'blade' flicks out when the release button is pressed on the fob.

I suspect you are right in that what you have is an aftermarket version.

If you have the Owners Manual and book pack there should be a key code on a card somewhere, maybe in the front of the service booklet.

If so, you will be able to get a proper Peugeot key ordered from your nearest Peugeot dealer. It will cost you though.
72 dudes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-01-13, 04:33 PM   #3
CAB

There is basically 2 parts to the key, the transponder which allows you to start the engine and the remote for the unlocking/locking.

Dealer won't be able to take key from another car and use it on yours, only solution is new key.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 30-01-13, 06:28 PM   #4
Inactive User

Thanks to both of you for the replies, that confirms my thinking. There isn't a manual or a card containing codes unfortunately,

I'm going to be talking to the dealer later this week if they haven't come back to me - I think they've messed me about enough now and it's going to be a case of me going to a main dealer and getting it sorted and sending them the bill. Having seen that they're advertising my old car for 2 grand more than they paid me in PX I think they're still up on the deal!
uksteveb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in