REFURB cylinder head 207 1.4 8v - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-17, 08:04 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default REFURB cylinder head 207 1.4 8v

Ok I am getting desperate here. Anyone a Peugeot mechanic who's brain i seriously need to pick. I know about cars and I am stumped.. Basically my problem is this:
Pug 207 2008 1.4 8v Petrol 68000 miles.

So I have
Changed thermostat housing and thermostat twice keeps blowing
out with pressure, thermostat switch, oil switch, sparks, coil, and my car still not running right, hey don't get me wrong it drives a dream and engine sound sweet and no masses of white smoke, but i have a wee issue.
It has the milky residue in oil tank, it either loses water out exhaust while running or holds it so much that the pressure ( even though not a pressurised system) once not running does not return to max level and if i leave it hours and days when i open resoviour tank it basically burst open in my face. Its had the sniff test and the liquid goes from Blue to Green which means there is a mix of petrol and oil i assume somehwere, so I've have had 5000 oh its this, oh its that, have u tried this, oh I'll do this for u from mechanics and garages and still busted. So my question before I spend anymore money on a car thats now worth 50p!!! What is the issue is it an air block or the cylinder head as I aint willing to spend 200 quid for them to strip it at a garage for them to phone me and say oh its this and then hit me with a 2grand bill and it still doesn't work and I've no option but to pay them so they can put it back together... Please please please help as I love my car she is on beautiful condition and well looked after. Please help a pug lover ??
Attached Thumbnails
20170503_113413_1494442959659.jpg  
cazscotchic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-17, 09:51 PM   #2

Sounds like you have a head gasket issue or a cracked head either way its not a cheap fix

Head needs to be removed and either new gasket or gasket and head sometimes its cheaper and quicker just to replace whole engine with a used good one !
Old 10-05-17, 10:00 PM   #3
Inactive User

thanks for that i am pricing a refurbed head x just gutted
cazscotchic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-17, 08:49 AM   #4

i have changed a few HG on these 1.1 and 1.4 and never had a problem with the
head.i just change the gasket and bolts.
its a good time to do the belt ,bearing and w pump.
swap the engine and if the HG as not been changed ,go back to go.
marrygold is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-17, 01:41 PM   #5

indeed sounds like hg, coolant goes to cylinders and gasses go to coolant, can build up quite a pressure, had a car once that split the header tank.

get quotes, garages and mobile mecs, you may need the head skimmed but i would think a 300-500 quid job, the 8v is easier job.

dont think i would be swapping the head unless damaged or wont take a skim.

Last edited by stripe88; 11-05-17 at 01:43 PM.
stripe88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in