rear speakers - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-12-12, 02:54 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default rear speakers

Ive a 207 1.4 vti sportuim 2011 model in which it have the Clarion NX501E sat nav system factory fitted. I cannot get the rear speakers working, or are Peugeot such cheap skates they don`t fit them. I cannot believe in this day and age a car comes with just two front speakers or it it me being a complete prat in the settings???

Also cannot get the radio working while ignition is turned off? Sorry if these questions have been posted before.. My daughters 207 S16 have rear speakers.

Anthony
stirling is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 26-12-12, 07:16 AM   #2
Inactive User

Have you gone into the Menu on the radio settings to check the Fader position?
That's the only reason I can think of for the rear speakers not to work. Unless there's a separate fuse for rears.

I too would have thought that Sportium would have rear speakers - my wife's 2008 Sport certainly does.

With ignition recently turned off, press the power button for a few seconds, should then come on.
72 dudes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-12-12, 11:13 AM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72 dudes View Post
Have you gone into the Menu on the radio settings to check the Fader position?
That's the only reason I can think of for the rear speakers not to work. Unless there's a separate fuse for rears.

I too would have thought that Sportium would have rear speakers - my wife's 2008 Sport certainly does.

With ignition recently turned off, press the power button for a few seconds, should then come on.
Hi 72 Dudes

I have moved the fader to the rear and nothing, next step in to remove the speaker covers to see if anything is behind them! Tried the ignition off and pressing the power button, nothing. Checked with Peugeot and they say it in eco mode, need to take it for a run for 30 mins which I did, still nothing. The car is good apart from stupid things that let it down. Who want to leave the ignition on when not driving just so you can hear a radio/cd player, thought that would use up more power from the battery....or am I being pedantic here?
stirling is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 26-12-12, 11:17 AM   #4
Inactive User

You probably have no rear speakers
MadV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-01-13, 12:31 PM   #5

Hi, I have a 207 Sportium 2011 with the Clarion NX501E system. I can confirm there are no rear speakers fitted in my car. Also I can not use the radio with the ignition switched off. I guess this is to stop you running the battery down while the engine is switched off.

I've also had problems with my Clarion NX501E "locking up" when on radio mode. This can be fixed by firmware updates which are available from the Clarion website as are the full instructions. It's quite a technical procedure.
mattalsop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-13, 03:44 PM   #6
Inactive User

Exclamation 207 rear speakers

having just purchased a 2010 207 Verve I also could not get the rear speakers to work, if I use the fader to the rear nothing, as there are grills in the rear door I thought there was a fault, but if there not fitted on some models this explains it the next ? is are the wires there behind the grills so they can be fitted? I was going back to complain it had a fault but will see if there are any there first, did not want to be told RTFM
billyhart14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-11-14, 06:05 PM   #7
Inactive User

hi new owner of 2011 207 1.4 vti sportium can you confirm that the car does not have rear speakers fitted
ps cant believe what im reading no speakers wow what a let down thats bad peugeot if this is the case
lestrex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-11-14, 06:07 PM   #8
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling View Post
Hi 72 Dudes

I have moved the fader to the rear and nothing, next step in to remove the speaker covers to see if anything is behind them! Tried the ignition off and pressing the power button, nothing. Checked with Peugeot and they say it in eco mode, need to take it for a run for 30 mins which I did, still nothing. The car is good apart from stupid things that let it down. Who want to leave the ignition on when not driving just so you can hear a radio/cd player, thought that would use up more power from the battery....or am I being pedantic here?
hi new owner of 2011 207 1.4 vti sportium can you confirm that the car does not have rear speakers fitted
ps cant believe what im reading no speakers wow what a let down thats bad peugeot if this is the case
lestrex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-14, 07:28 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestrex View Post
Hi
I have a 207 1.4 Hdi from new (2010) and can confirm that when scanned with Planet showed up a fault that there were indeed no rear speakers fitted. Obviously to keep the cost price of the car down to remain "Competative"!!!
Willybobz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-14, 10:33 PM   #10

A quick google search returned this...

All Peugeot 207 Sportium models benefit from: power steering, four airbags, remote control central locking with deadlocks, electric front windows – “one touch” for the driver, reach and rake adjustable steering, Clarion Multi-media unit with 6.2” touch screen and European 3D Satellite Navigation, Built-in Parrot Bluetooth, Full USB /iPod / iPhone connectivity, ABS, EBFD, EBA, trip computer, electrically operated / heated door mirrors, manual air-conditioning, front fog lights, aluminium effect finish to the front grille, colour-coded body side mouldings and door handles, 15” Monaco alloy wheels on all 1.4 litre models and 16” Estoril alloy wheels on the HDi 92 model, Sportium interior pack (inc alloy footrest / pedals & gear knob) and dark tinted rear window / rear side glass.

All 207 Sportium models come equipped with the latest Clarion Multi-media Navigation Unit which includes USB and Bluetooth connectivity. The unit is also capable of DVD and video playback when the vehicle is stationary. The full USB / iPod / iPhone connectivity enables a portable MP3 player or iPod to be connected to the vehicle and the built-in Parrot Bluetooth allows hands-free phone calls to be made and received by the driver.

No mention of the number of speakers but losing the rear speakers is nothing if you get satnav / USB, AUX and Bluetooth as standard. I would imagine that the brochure would have mentioned the number of speakers with rear speakers possibly being an optional extra which some original buyers would have not taken up. Saying Peugeot were cheapskates for only fitting front speakers is a little unfair as it is likely to have been the original buyer who was the cheapskate for not forking out a few quid more for the rear speakers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in