Rear light problem - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-15, 12:50 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Rear light problem

Hey

I bought a new pair of rear lights and I can't figure out this problem I am getting. The lights are these ones

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/731693207002.jpg

The left one is fine but the right one is not functioning correctly. When I indicate right, instead of it flashing the indicator bulb it is flashing the side light bulb. What's more weird when I swap the lights to see if it could be the car or the lights causing the issue, it does the exact same thing! So I can't figure out if it's the lights or the car or what to do about this? So both lights works on left and both don't work properly on right. And i don't know if I must connect those earth's or where?

Appreciate any advice thank you
Karim
karimali831 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-15, 01:01 PM   #2

Rear light cluster earth fault? Common issue on 207 and 407.
Old 02-10-15, 07:34 PM   #3
Inactive User

Where must I connect those earth's?

Old 02-10-15, 10:36 PM   #4
Inactive User

Would say same place just clean the contacts. Give them a light sanding to make sure they connect so there is no resistance to the current.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Andrew lees is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-15, 07:42 PM   #5
Inactive User

I checked the earth and it ain't that.

To clarify, the left light is fully functional. The right light however:-

1. The side light bulb is operated by the side light control which is fine but also flashes with the indicator control (if side light is off).

2. Reverse, fog, brake and indicator don't work on any control.

I swap the lights to see if the right light is defective and the very same occurs with the left light connected to the right light wiring! Anybody know if it still the right light that is defective or something wrong with the car?
Old 08-10-15, 10:36 PM   #6
Inactive User

Default Rear Lights

Karim,

re-install your old lights and check to see if they work correctly. If the old ones are working, the problem lies in the new light units.

If you want to check the new lights, remove the new units from the vehicle.
Buy or borrow a good 12-volt battery (maybe from a scrapyard).
Attach a wire to each terminal of this spare battery.
Connect the other end of each wire to each bulb holder, in turn, where the connector usually attaches.
The bulb should light. If it doesn't, either the bulb is faulty or the wire from the connector-to-the-bulb is faulty, or the bulb is not making proper contact with the terminals in the bulb-holder. Test each bulb in turn, testing one bulb unit on the "good" new light, then test the same bulb unit on the "bad" new light.

Don't use your own car battery to do this test....if there is a short circuit in the new light units, you will blow the car's fuse. Or worse.

Kenzo

Last edited by Kenzo; 08-10-15 at 11:03 PM.
Kenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-15, 10:54 PM   #7

Could be a BSI fault or the wiring to the cluster. There should be 6 wires connected to the cluster. 1 is rear fog, 2 is earth, 3 is indicator, 4 is reversing, 5 is tail (side) and 6 is stop light. How did you check the earth connection?
eyemdee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-15, 12:21 AM   #8
Inactive User

Thanks for the heads up I will get it further checked. I connected the earth to the old clusters while having the new lights still connected. After I ended up splicing the earth wire and just connected it together which I probably should of not of done I don't get why there's 2 earth's there.
Old 31-10-15, 10:29 AM   #9
Inactive User

I returned the rear lights back to the German manufacturer so they can check themselves and they pointed out the German 207's do not have the earth wire that connects to the cluster of the lights. I can't point out why then the wiring is different on these cars?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in