Radiator or Head Gasket - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-15, 05:33 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Radiator or Head Gasket

Hi
I have been thinking that I have got a blown head gasket. But today some one says it's my radiator. Can this be right, I'm getting pressure in the cooling system. It looses coolant when up to temperature. And lots of pressue in expansion tank

The car starts and runs good, would it run rough and start bad if it was the head gasket

thank you
tiptornado is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-15, 06:20 PM   #2

Head gasket failure usually results in gunge in the cooling system and quite often a whitish mess that looks like a white grease inside the rocker box which can be seen when removing the oil filler cap.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-15, 07:14 PM   #3

What are your symptoms?. I mean from a cold start up to when the car overheats.

Roger.

Old 02-09-15, 07:51 PM   #4
Inactive User

The car starts great every time, even first thing in the morning. Exhaust fumes are normal. It as never over heated. No oil, gunk or any thing in the coolant etc

But in Jan this year I did have the head gasket changed, head skimmed, water pump and can belt changed. At that time the coolant was full of oil. And from the day after this was done I started loosing water and getting pressure in the cooling system. I was only loosing water when the engine was off. And if I released the pressure from the expansion tank, there would hardly be any coolant loss. But no more oil was mixing in with the coolant. I fell out with the garage and they wouldn't honour the warranty.

But now its loosing lots of coolant, and have been told its the radiator.
tiptornado is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-15, 07:09 PM   #5

It seems you have a bad cylinder head, a faulty head gasket, or the job wasn't done properly.
How much was taken off the head when it was skimmed?, it doesn't take much to affect the valve timing.
But it's also entirely possible the radiator or thermostat is at fault. Perhaps you should find a garage you are on good terms with and get a diagnosis. Don't tell them what you think is wrong, ask them to diagnose the problem fron your symptoms.

Roger.
Old 03-09-15, 08:30 PM   #6
Inactive User

Hi, here is what we do to check if it is head gasket ot leaking from radiator etc.
we put pressure on the coolant tank with a coolant pressure tester if it loses pressure we start looking for leaking water(coolant) with a flashlight.
If we dont find the leak we take a gas analysis with the gas tester we use for testing exhaust gas if it got carbon monoxide in the coolant tank it got a bad head gasket.

I dont think it would cost that much to get a garage to test for co2 in the coolant tank but i like to do it myself, maybe someone knows where they sell cheap coolant tester for co2.

There is also a chemical test set to test the coolant for exhaust gas:
Engine Combustion Leakage Tester Co2 Carbon Dioxide Gasket CYinder heads 3923 | eBay

Here is the coolant pressure tester:
Radiator Pressure Coolant Cooling System Tester Kit With Case | eBay
Pug407sw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 31-03-16, 07:55 PM   #7
Inactive User

Default radiator hose

Hello guys,
today i was topping up my oil and strangely I noticed a little hose pointing out of the bottom of radiator that I have not seen before. I am worried because i dont know if it should be attached to something ,please help.

bullseyecro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in