Pug 207cc Buying essentials??? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-04-15, 07:52 PM   #1

Question Pug 207cc Buying essentials???

Hi,

Sorry if this has been posted but I couldn't find it in the search.

I'm a new 207cc owner (2010 plate) and I would like some advice as to what I should buy....I was thinking a waterproof cover (in case my roof won't come back up!) and I'm interested in the diagnostic tools too

Can anyone give me a link to a good waterproof cover - that they have bought and are happy with and the best/easiest/cheapest way to read fault codes etc on my Pug - hopefully I won't need it but I'd rather have it just in case!

Are there any good diagnostic apps?

Also anything else that is a must own for a 207cc

Thanks
tumph is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-04-15, 08:39 PM   #2
Inactive User

I'd too be interested in any essentials, so i'll be keeping my eye on this one .
The207cc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28-04-15, 10:45 PM   #3

Lets hope someone replies then!

Old 29-04-15, 08:07 AM   #4

Based on my Daughters 207 cc you need a deep wallet or someone hand with tools and break down cover. Roof can be raised or lowered manually if a fault occurs so no need for cover. Also boot is so small if you carry a cover it would just about fill it
Old 29-04-15, 11:19 AM   #5

Default pug 207cc buying essentials

Had a pug 207cc for about 2yrs, only thing we've bought is a winddeflector for when roof is down, it really makes a difference. Only issue with roof was when it wouldn't open after winter, but that was soon diagnosed by members posts on here, and a member on here with planet.. So enjoy the summer with your 207cc topless.. the wife does..lol..
Bassai likes this.
mainlinemick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-15, 11:27 AM   #6

Yes I'm worried that i'm going to need deep pockets - the water pump ecu blow out thing scares me - seems to happen to a lot of people - I'm trying to research preventative cures for that - not mechanically minded at all.

I've bought a cover anyhow - just in case, not sure about the boot comment mines quite big, well without the roof in it it is

Looking at wind breakers but they're quite expensive for what they are, i'll see how it goes without one
Old 03-05-15, 12:52 PM   #7

My daughters 1.6 16v VTI was purchased at 3 yrs old with Dealer History and only 28K on the clock. She has now clocked up 54K (in near on 4 Yrs).

In that time I tried to return it due to high oil consumption but Peugeot say that less than approx. 1Ltr for every 1000 miles is acceptable . Did get them to change timing chain tensioner due to rattle

I have also needed to replace ABS Pump (failed motor/control unit), Two window regulators and rebuild gearbox after input shaft bearing failed (also destroyed the clutch in the process). Lastly have now had to clean VVT solenoids and reset adaptives due to poor cold running/stalling following gearbox works.

Normal wear and tear one complete exhaust, front and rear discs/pads and 6 tyres
Old 03-05-15, 01:17 PM   #8

i mentioned before i have just siliconed the window runners as they were screeching like a banshee, hopefully that will save the regulators a while longer.

but if i was buying a decent 207 now i would defo take out a repair warranty. google' Compare parts and labour warranties ' and find the best value for money and reviews.
stripe88 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-15, 09:40 PM   #9

What kind of silicone do you use in the rubber on the windows because mine are also screeching like a banshee!
Old 03-09-15, 12:35 PM   #10

i have rapide and 3 in 1, so must have used one of them, just make sure it says fast drying on the tin, it drys and leaves a chalk...like lock chalk.

need to clean then cover the two runners on each door and keep putting window up/down, wont work straight away but after a while will go quiet.
stripe88 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in