Power loss fault - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By renegade

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-06-15, 08:35 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default Power loss fault

Hi all,

I've got a problem with my 207 diesel (2009).

Every few months, the power completely cuts out when I'm driving, usually for around 20 seconds (although once it was for a few minutes) and warning messages are displayed, particularly 'Anti-pollution faulty'. As you can imagine, this is pretty scary.

I'm not sure whether there is any pattern to this, but it's happened a couple of times on a short journey following a long one. It's only happened once whilst on a motorway.

I've taken the car to a mechanic but he couldn't find anything wrong.

Eventually, I found this forum and found out about Peugeot Planet. Last weekend, I visited Joe (pr1vatepiles), a user on this site who ran some diagnostics for me using this tool. Joe's been incredibly helpful and informative about possible causes. He recommended I create a thread here because he's not been able to definitively identify the problem.

The diagnostic threw up 3 faults:

1. Horn (control circuit C997) (the horn seems to be working fine)
2. Two warnings about the rear speakers not working (although there are no rear speakers!)
3. ABS traction control

Joe took the VIN number and ascertained that the car doesn't have a DPF, which he thought was potentially the most obvious cause. He confirmed that the car doesn't have rear speakers, so that's another thing we can cross off.

However, he did say that there's a chance that the horn fault could be the cause because of an earthing problem.

He's also suggested getting the battery checked because if it's below capacity it could cause false warnings. (I haven't had the chance to do this yet.)

Can anyone else shed any light or make any alternative suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Mike
michaeljdaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13-06-15, 12:48 PM   #2
Inactive User

Battery and earths absolutely first port of call on a Peugeot. Peugeot also state that you should ignore trouble codes for equipment that is not fitted. What was the full ABS trouble code? Was the streaming data monitored, might be an idea to post some pics of the streaming data along with the trouble codes on here may give us a better idea of the fault.
erick-r likes this.
renegade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-06-15, 06:58 PM   #3
Inactive User

If your using cheap supermarket fuel sack them off and try using Shell V Power Nitro. You will notice the difference.

Last edited by zblue; 13-06-15 at 07:02 PM.
zblue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 29-06-15, 11:38 AM   #4
Inactive User

Thanks for this. Really helpful. Sorry for delay in replying!
michaeljdaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-06-15, 03:18 PM   #5

When you say loosing power does it do it so the car comes to a complete stop and stalls or just a loss of boost?

I had a similar problem on my 307 hdi and it was the EGR valve sticking.
mel m is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in