Plip key circuit switches broken - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-18, 03:52 PM   #1

Default Plip key circuit switches broken

I purchased a 07 plate 207 1.4 without any issues key a bit of a mess but worked fine after I took it apart and gave it a clean. Minus the low battery indication

In the last few days the one of the micro switches came off the key and the plastic has wore away to nothing and now doesn’t work because I have took it apart and took battery out and it needs re-synced. I can purchase new key and circuit board from online cheaply but ..

how do I register it?
Or how do I go about getting my micro switch on the circuit board fixed, cleaned and re-synced with my car?

My local Asda have a timpsons that deal with car keys. I was thinking of buying a new case online cheaply and asking them to fix the circuit board switches if that’s possible.
Ajohnston93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-18, 04:09 PM   #2

I have a soldering iron if that’s an option with new buttons and case and Seen about buying a virgin key and having it programmed in how much would this cost?
Old 23-07-18, 04:02 PM   #3

Hello. I have the same problem. One of the 2 switches has fallen off the PCB and the other is missing the upper rubber/plastic head. Where could I find (online) new switches to solder on the PCB? Any part reference I could look up?

edit: I've made some searches, but I'm finding different sized switches and some have only 2 pins (I think mine has 4). What are the dimensions of these switches?

Last edited by lionhead; 23-07-18 at 05:24 PM.
lionhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 28-11-18, 11:16 AM   #4

I looked for puegot 207 key refurb kit on amazon sorry for long reply !
Old 28-11-18, 07:41 PM   #5

Trustme offers a postal repair service for most keys (if you have a spare to use while its away)
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in