Please help me locate coolant temperature sensor - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-18, 07:56 PM   #1

Default Please help me locate coolant temperature sensor

I have the problem with the coolant temperature warning message, the oil pressure gauge hits the max whenever I start the car. After reading numerous posts it appears it's likely to be the sensor. I have bought one but so far unable to locate it to fit. None of the posts have really helped me locate it and some photo's are not relating to my car 207cc 2011 GT. Please would someone be kind enough to provide an idiots guide of where it is and how you get to it. I can only find one that looks like it could be it but the electrical plug on the top doesn't quite match the shape to the one I have purchased so I assume this is another sensor. I have circled it in the pic to confirm if this is it or not . I'll attach pictures of the engine, Any help appreciated.

[ATTACH]engine.jpg[/ATTACH]
zippy100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-18, 08:59 PM   #2

Follow the bottom rad hose up to the thermostat housing and you will see the sensor going into the housing at 90 degrees to the hose its almost directly under the vacuum pump.

Its held in place by a small clip, tie a bit of string or a cable tie around it before removal as it can fly off and go anywhere and its easy to drop when refitting.

If oil and coolant temps are both high i doubt is the coolant sensor it more likely to be water pump, thermostat or rad issue causing engine to overheat
Old 13-06-18, 09:00 PM   #3

Thanks Windy for your help. Ive followed your instructions but still unable to locate it. Do I have to remove any components to gain access? I have removed the air pipe to get a better look but no luck. Any help appreciated.

Old 13-06-18, 09:12 PM   #4

Trip to specsavers required...? I can actually see it in the pic you posted
WillNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-06-18, 09:16 PM   #5

is it where I have put a circle? or could you point it out. I definitely need stronger glasses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in