Please help me!!!! - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By COLINELLIS
  • 2 Post By Gibbo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-06-13, 11:52 PM   #1
Inactive User

Red face Please help me!!!!

Hello please can someone help me. I have recently bought a Peugeot 207 sport 56 plate. I have the standard cd player that was manufacture fitted. I am wondering if there is any way that I can connect an aux lead in my car to play music through my phone..I previously had a car which the cd player had an aux lead connection but it wouldn't fit in this car so sold it. Is there anyway I can do this in my car? Please help meee the radios killing me!
kirsty919 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-06-13, 07:12 AM   #2
COLINELLIS

Hi Kirsty

It depends what radio that you have. I have a rd4 ( I think ) and I bought a lead off ebay for about 20 connected it to that back of the radio which then gave me a 35mm jack to plug into my phone / mp3 player. After fitting it was just a quick trip to someone with pp2000 or the dealers to get the Aux function activated and I'm now a happy little monkey. Alternativley you can replace the standard radio with an after market radio that has an aux input fitted but you may loose some functions on the display etc.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-06-13, 07:34 AM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirsty919 View Post
Hello please can someone help me. I have recently bought a Peugeot 207 sport 56 plate. I have the standard cd player that was manufacture fitted. I am wondering if there is any way that I can connect an aux lead in my car to play music through my phone..I previously had a car which the cd player had an aux lead connection but it wouldn't fit in this car so sold it. Is there anyway I can do this in my car? Please help meee the radios killing me!
There is a Peugeot/citroen USBbox for about 190 pounds, then you will be able to connect iPhone, usb drive and 3,5mm jack input. cons: sound quality not so good and also so you need to activate aux at dealer shop or with Peugeot Planet.

And of course there are fm transmitters with various inputs (10$-30$). Cons: sound quality is poor.
insdeck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 27-06-13, 11:02 AM   #4
Inactive User

Well it's just the original one I haven't changed it....but oh dear this all sounds too complex for me :/ think I'll have to stick to the radio I think or get some cds I suppose....
Old 27-06-13, 11:07 AM   #5
davidireland

Why not fit a bluetooth system. You can stream music via bluetooth over the cars speakers then. As well as have a hands free. Some of those parrot units are a great job.
Old 27-06-13, 11:20 AM   #6

If you pop into Halfords they could show you a load of options or as in a different message you could get a fm transmitter asda sell them for about a tenner

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
border_all is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-06-13, 12:18 PM   #7
COLINELLIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirsty919 View Post
Well it's just the original one I haven't changed it....but oh dear this all sounds too complex for me :/ think I'll have to stick to the radio I think or get some cds I suppose....
Kirsty this is one of the kits on ebay

Peugeot 207 AUX in iPod iPhone MP3 player Peugeot iPod iPhone adapter interface | eBay

And here is one similar to the one that I fitted

PEUGEOT AUX IN IPOD MP3 207 307 407 208 308 508 3008 5008 RD4 RT3 RT4 2M CABLE | eBay

Any garage that knows how to remove a radio would be able to fit it in less than 1 hour ( took me about 20 minutes ) it would then just be a visit to your local dealer to activate the Aux function on your radio or contact a member local to you with PP2000 to activate it for you

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...gnostic-28190/

Oh almost forgot in order to PM a member you would need to get your posts up to over 20

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...fore-pm-13646/
vickyviking likes this.
Old 28-06-13, 01:05 AM   #8
Inactive User

Thanks everyone for your help think ill go to halfords and get the stuff I need there and see what my cheapest options are
Old 28-06-13, 10:12 AM   #9

No - go to Halfords and only look at what you need.

Note the items then buy online. You'll save pounds, nay tens of pounds.

Especially if they're still selling the CONNECTS2 cables for 49 when its only 19 on Ebay.
davidireland and COLINELLIS like this.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in