Picked up my 207 1.4 vti, any tips or advice please - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-03-13, 11:49 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default Picked up my 207 1.4 vti, any tips or advice please

So after not being sure what model my care was apart from a 1.4 after picking it up I've found out its a vti, any tips or advice is muchly appreciated, thanks!
DanRey84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29-03-13, 01:07 PM   #2
davidireland

Check the oil levels every two weeks or so. This engine LOVES oil. Total quartz ineo 5w30 is what it requires. The engine is BMW.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 31-03-13, 02:03 PM   #3

If there's a strange rattle from rear of car,put a couple of layers of insulation tape round the boot catch bracket before you look any further.
Also if front end "groans" when turning at low speed the top suspension bearings need a bit of lube,apparantly Peugeot are aware of this on some 207's.Might be worth checking front pad wear as manufacturers fit don't seem to last long.Hope you've landed on a good one 'cause it's a lovely drive and cheap to upkeep.
shep64 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 18-04-13, 01:42 PM   #4
Inactive User

Default get rid of it

Just look at the problems on this site. My wife has a 207 and has had the very common abs ecu problem at 24K miles (nearly 600 to fix) and now has the engine oil leak problem. It's 56 reg and only done 34K miles.
I wouldn't advise anyone to buy a 207 after our experience.
dorsetpeugeo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-04-13, 01:46 PM   #5
davidireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorsetpeugeo View Post
Just look at the problems on this site. My wife has a 207 and has had the very common abs ecu problem at 24K miles (nearly 600 to fix) and now has the engine oil leak problem. It's 56 reg and only done 34K miles.
I wouldn't advise anyone to buy a 207 after our experience.
The 207 was voted most reliable small car in europe not so long ago. I'd have one in the morning. They are a good car. Small problems only and no more troublesome than any other manufacturers.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in