Peugot 207 HDI antipollution fault and stalling - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-07-15, 03:13 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Peugot 207 HDI antipollution fault and stalling

So I bought a Peugeot 207 hdi 2009 in March this year and have had nothing but problems since.

It had one owner, full service record, and had its timing belt and brake pad just replaced. Yet within a couple weeks of buying it, the car started this rough idling where it would sound like it was going to shut off every 30 seconds or so, and white smoke would come out when i accelerated. The engine light came on and an antipollution fault message.

I took it to a host of mechanics, one who mentioned fuel injectors, another who said it was the EGR. Another replaced the air doser. I had the EGR replaced, after it came up as a fault on the computer.

It started working normally again, then within a week or so, same problem, except that now the car would fully shut off when idling or coming to a stop, and even once when i turned on the air conditioner, then spit white smoke.

The mechanic I currently have said the guy never replaced the oil or the additives, so he thinks the exhaust system might be messed up, which will cost a huge amount of money to fix.

I'm at the end of my rope and ready to sell this car before it costs me any more money.
Jsgli is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 31-07-15, 08:07 AM   #2

You don't say what mileage or previous driving history. I'd guess that its been used for lots of local trips, lots of small quantity fill ups of fuel and the additive has all gone and the DPF is now blocked.

Assuming the engine isn't wrecked (you say "full service record" but also say "The mechanic I currently have said the guy never replaced the oil" so I'm confused) there's a good chance a new DPF from CATS2U and an additive refill will sort it.

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...gnostic-28190/

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...70/#post529130
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in