Peugeot 207CC 64 Reg - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-17, 07:19 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Peugeot 207CC 64 Reg

Hoping someone may have some info about this problem. A few days ago after driving for abt half a mile a red warning light like this ?? came on the dashboard, with a beep, no other detail. When I parked I checked the manual and it said it could be anything and to get it checked by Peugeot dealer. When I restarted the light had gone off so I set off again but same thing happened and has happened on every trip since. Today I took it into my local Peugeot dealer to have it investigated, after keeping it all day they say there is no fault detected! Driving home from the garage the light came on again! Car is driving OK so don't think it can be anything that serious but it's a bit disconcerting. Peugeot dealer said if it keeps doing it bring it back but seems a bit pointless if they can't identify a fault. Anyone else had this problem?
Many thanks all
Jeanuk53 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-17, 11:35 PM   #2

I have just been through the manual and there are not many red warning lights - STOP, oil, seat belt, parking brake/brake fluid and I think there is a red one in the temperature gauge. That is the most likely as the temperature sensor is a common failure. What is the temperature gauge reading when the light comes on? Or could you upload a photo of the relevant warning light to get a better diagnosis?
eyemdee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-17, 07:14 AM   #3
Inactive User

Thanks for your response - the warning light is just like this ?? - an exclamation mark within a triangle but in red, I looked at the manual and it says it could be many things so really helpful! Temperature seems fine and it usually comes on before the engine has had a chance to warm up! Car was serviced just before I bought it last October and I've done less than 3,000 miles but wonder if a service might sort it?
Thanks
Jean

Old 04-07-17, 08:40 AM   #4

Does a message appear on the multifunction screen when the lamp lights?
IanML is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-17, 08:03 AM   #5
Inactive User

Hi Ian - no nothing! Just a beep and the light like this ?? but in red. The manual says it could be a lot of things but Peugeot dealer couldn't find any faults at all. A friend suggested disconnecting the battery overnight but not tried that yet perhaps at weekend.
Thanks
Jean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in