Peugeot 207 SW demister problem or is it more than that ? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-02-18, 08:35 AM   #1

Default Peugeot 207 SW demister problem or is it more than that ?

I recently purchased a 207 SW and I only just found out the demister isn't working. I found some tracks with no continuity. You could physically see the top layer of the track was scratched so I carefully repaired them with conductive silver paint.

I then checked fuse 17 - 40amp and that was fine so that's as far as I got. Is there anything simple were I can do a check myself ?. The actual demister connection the the rear screen is housed under a sealed plate held with a torx screw and I am reluctant to start taking that off unless someone says so.

I have now found out that there was a problem as some point with the lights and a reputable company replaced the fuse box, will they have changed the engine compartment fuse box ?.

I emailed the company with the invoice number and the confirmed it was a light problem and traced back to a faulty fuse box so they replaced it.

I'm just wondering if there's more to it than meets the eye. I asked a auto locksmith company for a 2nd fully programmed key but they were unable to connect to the car. He tried boosting the battery as it had been stood a while but it still wouldn't connect.

If someone can please tell me a few basic ways to check the rear demister that would be great then I can at least eliminate something physical with the rear demister
maxtor154 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in