Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 HDI - Random engine stutters - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-08-18, 03:24 PM   #1

Unhappy Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 HDI - Random engine stutters

Greetings,

My Portuguese PEUGEOT 207 SW (WK_) 1.6 HDi (90Cv) Diesel 06-2007 with 180,000kms is having "hiccups" during the last 80/90kms.

The symptom is as if I had suddenly and briefly pressed on the brake pedal, it feels like the engine stutters for like half a second.

It happened in 2nd, 3rd and 5th gear, around 2,500 rpm.

Two days ago it happened just after the first cold start, and yesterday on the road \ motorway it stuttered on several occasions in the fifth gear, I was going at about 120kms / hour.
The rest of the trip I drove more slowly, at about 110 km / h and it did not stutter again.

Overall I'm really not a heavy footed driver (family car), I always ride at quiet speeds.

I'm really scared because I immediately recalled an account of a friend who had a misfortune with the same engine, in which, with a similar symptom, his engine died due to something that entered the engine chamber and wore out one of the cylinders until it punctured it and ran out of pressure (after some investigation, I suspect it was due to a worn injector seal infiltrating the cylinder...).

I am even more afraid of going directly to the brand assistance because it will cost me a fortune until they track down the faulty component(s).
I have a trusted mechanic with a local garage that is willing to help out.

After browsing this forum for similar issues, Im inclined to assume this is either an injection or an EGR issue.

My main concern is how to perform an accurate troubleshooting?

Ive gathered that bypassing the EGR entirely may be a good way of diagnosing this issue. Any tutorial on how to accomplish that?

Many thanks for any tips and cooperation, and sorry for the metrics mismatch !
Punkr0cker99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-08-18, 05:20 PM   #2

This is happening now on my partner's C4 Picasso same dv6 engine but the 110bhp. I have just put brand new egr valve and new turbo plus all the other bits injector seals etc.I think this may be a crank sensor issue I'm going to try this next as it's a cheap 50\50 gamble Maybe could be same for yours?
Jimidean is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-08-18, 06:10 PM   #3

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimidean View Post
This is happening now on my partner's C4 Picasso same dv6 engine but the 110bhp. I have just put brand new egr valve and new turbo plus all the other bits injector seals etc.I think this may be a crank sensor issue I'm going to try this next as it's a cheap 50\50 gamble Maybe could be same for yours?
Hi mate, thanks for the reply.
Ive obtained feedback from another user (portuguese forum) that indeed in his case it was the crankshaft sensor!

Let me know how that works for your issue.

Regards!
Punkr0cker99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-18, 07:08 PM   #4

Will do . I'm definitely going to try this now 👍
Jimidean is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in