Peugeot 207 Sport petrol 2008 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-17, 05:04 PM   #1

Default Peugeot 207 Sport petrol 2008

Hi
I wonder if somebody could help my car uses a bit of oil and the oil light came on and also warning message low oil pressure stop car, I checked the oil and topped up correctly but i am continually get this message with the oil light on the dash,Is there a reset after having low oil on dipstick or could my oil switch be faulty ??
any help would be appreciated
julian
janker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-17, 05:32 PM   #2

What engine does the car have? There's a certain type of engine that loves to burn oil, I just can't remember which engine it is

It could be a faulty switch, you might need the car diagnosing on diagbox to see what codes, if any, are showing
jimmymarsbar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-17, 05:37 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmymarsbar View Post
What engine does the car have? There's a certain type of engine that loves to burn oil, I just can't remember which engine it is

It could be a faulty switch, you might need the car diagnosing on diagbox to see what codes, if any, are showing
Hello and thanks ,Its a 1.4 EP3 injection 16 valve.

Old 09-05-17, 05:42 PM   #4

That's the Prince engine, which drinks oil

Check around the head and crankshaft oil seals.

I have heard of the light "blipping" on and off when oil level is low and cornering at speed.

It is worth getting the car on Diagbox just to check for faults.
Old 09-05-17, 06:26 PM   #5

Just checked underneath oil all over place and looks like it could be coming from head gasket area, What a bummer any idea on prices to get this kind of job done ??
Old 09-05-17, 08:06 PM   #6

HaynesPro quotes 7 hours, so the total would depend on your mechanics rates, but a skilled and experienced mechanic could do it in a lot less, assuming there are no hiccups.

A new gasket can range from a 15 budget to well over 100 for OEM.

I'd check precisely where the oil is leaking from - clean the leaking oil off with brake cleaner or another suitable solvent, and dust the suspected areas with talc. It should show quite quickly where the leak is. You'll need the engine running, so make sure the oil is topped up to start with.
Old 09-05-17, 10:15 PM   #7

Many thanks for the info,Yeah i tried see where its coming from but the engine gearbox and total underneath of car are smothered in oil all the way back as far as back wheels,Unreal, its my daughters car and she travels 100 miles a day she just said oil light came on about 11pm at night so i never saw the underneath of car just needed a lot of oil and thought she just had not checked it for ages,as they do.
But let her go another hundred miles to work,Im sure it must be head gasket gearbox side of engine as thats the highest point i can see oil.
But wow it must have an almighty bloomin leak for that amount of oil.
Im going take it into the local garage tomorrow as the hole underneath of car needs steam cleaning to even start to see where the oil is coming from.
thankyou very much for your time and help will keep you updated.
cheers julian
Old 14-05-17, 12:18 PM   #8

Just an update, Was good news the oil was coming from the oil pressure switch blowing out the end so new switch fitted 8 and all good fingers crossed.
thanks for the advise and help ta
julian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in