Peugeot 207 keyfob not working - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-18, 05:33 PM   #1

Default Peugeot 207 keyfob not working

I bought a Peugeot 207 fixer-upper recently. One of the things not working is the central-locking buttons on the 2-button key fob.

I took it apart and found that the PCB inside did not have a battery, so figured that all I needed to do was replace the battery. But as soon as I did this, the car wouldn't start at all! I think it's actually turning on the immobiliser, whereas, without the battery it starts fine.

I'm confused, now, because I would have thought that if the transponder loses power, the vehicle would be immobilised until it was set up with a new battery. How is my car even starting at all if this isn't working?

I asked a local garage/locksmith but they started quoting ridiculous charges at me, so being from an engineering background it probably makes more sense to just buy the bits and do it myself. As I understand it, I'll need a new transponder circuit ("Remote Key Locking Fob 433MHz 2 Buttons ID46 Chip for Peugeot 207 307 308") which come in at about a tenner, but I'll also need a Lexia 3 PP2000 Diagbox kit to program it from my laptop. I'll also need the PIN number, I gather there's someone here who does them for a fiver?

Is there anything else I need to know? Specifically, what's going on that it even starts at all without a live transponder. Is there a setting on the ECU I need to also enable apart from the usual?

Any advice, links would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Zenid; 09-11-18 at 06:09 PM.
Zenid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-18, 06:27 PM   #2

Battery has nothing to do with immobiliser but there will be a fault in the circuit board that is causing the key chip not to be read.

Transponder does not need power.

Fault is on the circuit board somewhere.

You wont get a pin code for a fiver more like 25
Zenid likes this.
Old 09-11-18, 07:15 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
Battery has nothing to do with immobiliser but there will be a fault in the circuit board that is causing the key chip not to be read.

Thanks for the reply, and for the info about the battery/immobliser/transponder.

So am I right that I just need to replace the PCB in the key fob with one of these:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Replace-Remote-Key-Loking-Fob-433MHz-2-Buttons-ID46-Chip-for-Peugeot-207-307-308/152836346962?hash=item2395c19452:g:8lcAAOSwDEtaOzm T:rk:3f:1&frcectupt=true

and the Lexia 3 PP2000 Diagbox kit to set it up with?:

As for the code, it says at the bottom of this FAQ that Trustme can sort people for codes, and in another thread BettySwollox was giving them for a fiver by Paypal.
https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums...members-83170/

Anyone else know someone here who can sort me a cut-price code?

Old 09-11-18, 07:20 PM   #4

Dealers will give you the code sometimes free sometimes 10 depends on how honest they are its all electronic so does not cost them much !!

There are 2 flavours of key its to do with type of signal sent to car wrong flavour wont work locking but all can be coded to start car.

Pin can be read from BSI using some equipment but not planet/diagbox
Old 09-11-18, 07:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Dealers will give you the code sometimes free sometimes 10 depends on how honest they are its all electronic so does not cost them much !!

There are 2 flavours of key its to do with type of signal sent to car wrong flavour wont work locking but all can be coded to start car.

Pin can be read from BSI using some equipment but not planet/diagbox
Dealer quoted 120 + 30 for the code.

Does that link I posted have the right "flavour" PCB, then? If not, how do I know if it is the right sort? It does specify my model and show my exact key fob with the central locking buttons, so you would think so...
Old 09-11-18, 07:31 PM   #6

Both flavours look the same i bought both types for my daughters C2 but the one i have coded is wrong she does not lock it anyway so no big deal i will code correct one sometime
Old 14-11-18, 06:09 PM   #7

Quote:

I saw the transponder chips. Are they just clipped on the circuit board, but independent of the other electronics? Am I right in thinking they work separately and are just detected by the car? In which case, can I take my transponder from my broken remote and swap it for the one in a new remote so that I only need to pair the central locking, not the immobiliser?
Old 14-11-18, 06:33 PM   #8

No the chip and remote function are PAIRED to the car when new once key is paired it cannot be paired to a different car so although in theory you could do as you suggest it wont work as the remote section is not activated until the key is paired for the first time
Zenid likes this.
Old 14-11-18, 10:18 PM   #9

Question

Quote:
No the chip and remote function are PAIRED to the car when new once key is paired it cannot be paired to a different car so although in theory you could do as you suggest it wont work as the remote section is not activated until the key is paired for the first time
I saw two sets of instructions for pairing a new remote to a car. One involved using an OBD connector ("Lexia") and PP2000 software, but the other involved just doing some sequence of events involving holding the remote, lock button down and turning on the ignition. I assumed that the latter was for the remote, but that for the transponder to be paired, you had to set it up in the ECU.

So can you pair a new remote & transponder to the car using just the push button sequence, or do you have to do it from the ECU?
Old 15-11-18, 08:36 AM   #10

The later ONLY works on a key that has already been programmed to a car
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in