Peugeot 207 iPod/USB Connection Box - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-17, 01:36 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Peugeot 207 iPod/USB Connection Box

Hi

Peugeot fitted a (very expensive) iPod/USB connection kit (which allows me to control what music I listen to through my stereo) to my 207 several years ago. I have never used the USB connection, only the iPod connection with my iPhone. I recently switched to Android and tried to use the USB. Due to the age of the connection, I removed my stereo and replaced the cable with an updated MicroUSB cable.

When I connect my Android device (Samsung S7 Edge) it picks it up through the CD Multi Disc Player but then reverts back to the radio.

Has anyone had experience of this? Do I need Peugeot to update any software or does it not support Audio through USB devices?

Any help would be appreciated...really don't want to have to revert to an AUX cable.
blizian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-17, 04:19 PM   #2

Hi blizian.

What year and model of 207 do you have ??

When you say you replaced the cable with a micro USB one - Where did you plug it into the radio as only the latest RD45 version of the radios have a USB port ??

The other sockets on the back of the Radio do not support USB directly - You would need some sort of Black Box to connect to your Samsung mobile
Bushellj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-17, 06:01 PM   #3

If the device fitted by Peugeot is a third party device then it is highly likely that it only supports MP3 / WMA on a flash drive via the USB port. Every third party interface I've come across is the same. Does your ipod connect using the data connector or do you plug a lead into the headphone jack ?

It could well be that it is simply an aux input with the usb providing power for charging.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-17, 07:19 PM   #4
Inactive User

Hi

Thanks for your replies.

It is a black box fitted by Peugeot. It has a PS2, USB and Aux connection. The ipod cable is connected to the PS2 and there's a Mini USB connected to the USB port. I tried to replace the Mini USB with a Micro USB but no luck. Would I need to replace the PS2 cable with a Micro USB on the end?
Old 10-05-17, 07:28 PM   #5
Inactive User

Model is 2007 (07) 1.4 SE Premium
Old 10-05-17, 08:37 PM   #6

The PS2 connector as you call it will be specific for apple products available at the time of manufacture. It's likely to be a 3rd party unit as I've never heard of Peugeot supplying anything like that though I could be wrong.

Unless things have changed recently, as far as I'm aware, android devices cannot be controlled through USB as the apple devices can be through their data port and I think any entertainment unit that can manipulate an android device does so via bluetooth or an app. I know this is going to come across as harsh but the issue isn't with the interface rather than you changing the device. You purchased a device that was apple compatible but now want it android compatible. It can't happen just like if you have an xbox then get a playstation, the playstation cannot play xbox games.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-17, 11:08 PM   #7
Inactive User

Possibly could be third party but it was fitted by Peugeot and they supplied it so I'm not too sure.

Android supports audio out via usb since Lollipop so the device shouldn't be an issue.

Maube it's the perfect excuse to start looking for a new car now.

Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in