Peugeot 207 HDi Turbo Failure query - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-15, 01:52 AM   #1

Default Peugeot 207 HDi Turbo Failure query

Hello,

I have been reading several posts about potential problems with the Turbo Failure on Peugeot cars.

I have just put down a deposit on a Peugeot 207 HDi Allure and after my fathers regular mechanic warned him of issues with the turbos failing on these models due to clogging, he's now gotten me a little concerned.

I realise the internet doesn't necessarily help scare mongering, and can sometimes feature slightly or totally inaccurate posts, but also sometimes very accurate posts. So at present, I'm concerned but keeping an open mind.

I just wanted peoples advice really, preferably from an actual professional with experience. The car I've placed the deposit on is a 2012 (First reg'd Jan 2012) Peugeot 207HDi Allure 112bhp.

Does anyone know if Peugeot have addressed what I'm getting the impression is a known issue? Do anyone know if it was only present in the older versions (The car I have placed my deposit on is one of the more newer final version 207s isn't it?).

I should say the car I'm buying is 3.5 years old and has 3600 miles on the clock.

Is this something I should be concerned about, and pull out of the purchase?

Last edited by iamDamian; 04-07-15 at 01:54 AM.
iamDamian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-15, 10:12 AM   #2

If you service the car regularly certainly more regularly than specified and drive it properly to regen the DPF you should not have any real issues the turbos fail mainly due to the stupidly long service intervals Peugeot specify
the turbo IS to small to produce 110 hp so it works very hard so clean oil is vital I personally would change every 10k miles maximum.

The sludge problem is purely down to short journeys and lack of serviceing
Old 04-07-15, 10:31 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
If you service the car regularly certainly more regularly than specified and drive it properly to regen the DPF you should not have any real issues the turbos fail mainly due to the stupidly long service intervals Peugeot specify
the turbo IS to small to produce 110 hp so it works very hard so clean oil is vital I personally would change every 10k miles maximum.

The sludge problem is purely down to short journeys and lack of serviceing
Yeah thats what I seem to be finding out from various places, so thanks for verifying.

Any idea though, if this is more common on the older 207s than the newer ones?

Old 04-07-15, 10:36 AM   #4
Inactive User

They only usually fail from the incorrect oil being used, or the oil changes not being regular enough. As there is a small metal filter in the oil feed pipe to the turbo that clogs with carbon deposits. If you half the recommended oil change it is unlikely to fail.

No the age doesn't make a difference, the engine is also used by ford and various manufacturers that they have ties with and they experience the same issues for the same reasons

Last edited by joe366; 04-07-15 at 10:38 AM.
joe366 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-15, 11:04 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe366 View Post
They only usually fail from the incorrect oil being used, or the oil changes not being regular enough. As there is a small metal filter in the oil feed pipe to the turbo that clogs with carbon deposits. If you half the recommended oil change it is unlikely to fail.

No the age doesn't make a difference, the engine is also used by ford and various manufacturers that they have ties with and they experience the same issues for the same reasons
Thank you.
Old 04-07-15, 09:08 PM   #6

Trawl any forum for all the usual makes of cars and you will find lots of posts complaining of turbo failure. It's not a problem unique to Peugeot or any other manufacturer. On all the forums I have used including this forum, a Vauxhall forum and a Renault forum the advice is always the same, Use the correct oil and get the oil changed more regularly than the recommended interval.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in