Peugeot 207 Hdi Anti Pollution Faul Causing Engine Cut-Out - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-04-15, 10:27 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default Peugeot 207 Hdi Anti Pollution Faul Causing Engine Cut-Out

Hi Everyone.

I am new to the forum although I have viewed posts many times from members and found the information very helpful on a number of occasions. I hope someone can help me out with the following.

I have a 58 plate 207 1.6 Hdi which has had an intermittent "anti pollution fault" for some time.

Car runs great 99% of the time then for no apparent reason, it has happened on the motorway at 70mph and driving around town in traffic at 30mph, the dreaded "anti pollution fault" appears on the display and the engine cuts out. Not good at 70 on the motorway.

Having come to a stop the car restarts after 10 - 20 seconds and although the anti pollution alarm comes up on the display along with the engine management light the car runs fine.

I have had the fault come up and the engine continue to run but I would say 9 times out of 10 the engine cuts out instantly, as if you have just turned off the ignition.

I've had a friend run a diagnostic check and the only standing alarm was a diesel fuel pump fault. He suggested changing the fuel filter just in case. So the fuel filter has been changed but this hasn't made any difference.

Has anyone had a similar experience or any ideas?

Thanks

Steve
batfelly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-04-15, 12:26 PM   #2

Whatever is causing the engine to cut out is causing the antipollution fault you have it backwards

You need live data not code reads to fix these things it could be any number of things causing the problem.

Antipollution is not actually a fault it is simply a generic warning message that SOMETHING is not working correctly
Old 28-04-15, 12:59 PM   #3
Inactive User

Cheers thanks for that.

What I find hard to fathom is the management system must see what it thinks is a very major fault, otherwise it wouldn't take the drastic action of cutting the engine.

Would I be right to think that there are only one or two faults deemed serious enough to do this?

Less serious faults should allow you to continue driving even if it is in some sort of "safe" mode.

Old 28-04-15, 01:01 PM   #4

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...gnostic-28190/

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...70/#post529130
Old 30-04-15, 01:59 AM   #5
Inactive User

I've had a diagnostic check carried out which brought up the following faults:

engine-ecu-faults.jpg

p0001.jpg

p1166.jpg
Old 30-04-15, 02:01 AM   #6
Inactive User

Really appreciate any help, but I do have it booked in with a ex Peugeot mechanic next week.

Assuming he gets to the bottom of the problem I'll let you know.
Old 30-04-15, 08:27 AM   #7

looking at those I would say your fuel pressure is not being controlled very well and this WILL make the ecu shut down for safety

live data readings while driving will show spikes in the readings no doubt coinciding with the antipollution display

pump pump regulator or pressure sensor would be where to start assuming the fuel filter is new or recent as this can cause strange problems if clogged.
Old 30-04-15, 12:19 PM   #8

Should be an easy fix, take the fuel pressure regulator out the back of the fuel pump, clean it in thinners (remove the seals first) then blast it out with compressed air. Refit. 9 times out of 10 this will stop your cutting out problems as long as your pump is working as it should.

It's also worth changing your fuel filter if it's not been done.
HDI-Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-04-15, 12:20 PM   #9

Or it could just need a new fuel pressure regulator as it's unusual to get the open circuit fault and 900 bar of pressure at such low RPM. try the cleaning method first though.
HDI-Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-04-15, 07:58 PM   #10
Inactive User

Thanks guys for your feedback, I've got a guy lined up to look at it for me next week.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks again

Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in