Peugeot 207 gti fault code p2263 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-12-15, 02:02 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Peugeot 207 gti fault code p2263

Hi all I am new to these forum things, may have made some people unhappy today. I am wondering if anyone could help, I purchased my 2007 Peugeot 207 gti in April 2015, at first glance I was in love, (I have previously owned 2 Peugeot 206 gti 180's) at what I thought was a legitimate purchase, only to find a day later it had issues, after spending hundreds/over a thousand on her, I still have an issue. Fault code p2263, turbo pressure measured too high. With this the engine management light comes on and the car loses power/enters limp mode. When the code is erased the car drives fine, until you drive over 75 mph, or put your foot down and enter high end revs. Originally I had issues with the old turbo being worn, although the car has only done 40000 miles. I have also replace the fuel pump, had a full service, among other things renewed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys, as the car is a gem.

Cheers
Beechym1981 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 31-12-15, 02:29 PM   #2

welcome!!

just always a good idea to abide by forum rules or requests, sometimes forums can be a bit iffy with people taking the hump! lol

p2263 is a fairly common fault with the THP engine, it generally is the blow off valve or the turbo pressure control valve.

the turbo pressure control valve is under the inlet manifold and a bit of a pig to get too TBH.

the blow off valve is easy to check, 3 bolts and pull it off, what ur looking for is any splitting of the black plastic ring or and white marking around it, like below the one on the left below...

and this is the pressure control valve, its normally scored internally if its at fault.

ADS77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 31-12-15, 02:42 PM   #3
Inactive User

Cheers, it's the first time I have ever used a forum, as am at my whits end with my 207. It's a lovely car and for the low mileage I thought it was worth the buy. But it's turned to be a bad buy atm. As I have spent a lot to fix issues since buying her. I don't want to stop and give up. But I have been looking at getting a 2013 Peugeot 208 gti. But don't want the burden of paying thousands, when I have had my car less than a year. I will assess the valves you have shown me, and will give yourself feed back as to whether it's solved my problem.
You have been a great help thank you again.

Old 31-12-15, 02:45 PM   #4

no worries!

yeh they great car when working rite and then when not they let u know it!

some real good support around for them though, maybe an hours drive or so for u but any issues I can highly recommend the Peugeot dealer at cribbs causeway in Bristol.

know the master tech there, actually have his old 207 gti and he is a top lad, known him for years.

hopefully u can get the car running well ASAP !!
Old 31-12-15, 03:14 PM   #5
Inactive User

Funny you should mention cribs causeway as that's where I have been looking at the 208 gti, at robins and day Peugeot there. But as you said the 207 is a nice car when it's working ok! 😊
Old 31-12-15, 03:17 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechym1981 View Post
Funny you should mention cribs causeway as that's where I have been looking at the 208 gti, at robins and day Peugeot there. But as you said the 207 is a nice car when it's working ok! 😊
Despite being in Scotland I have been down that neck of the woods a good few times for weekends etc and also now that French car show is at Castle Combe it's always a good meet point for convoy.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Old 31-12-15, 03:32 PM   #7
Inactive User

Ah Scotland, fair old trek, took me 7 and a half hours to a place called Dunbar. May have to pop to one of the meets at castle coomb circuit. Always used to want to go to jap fest there as long ago well 9 years ago I owned a skyline. Now i am 34 times are getting on. And I do like my peugeots, as this is my 6 th one.

Also I have just checked the bov on my turbo (small break in the rain here), and there seems no damage, as you explained.
Old 31-12-15, 03:39 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechym1981 View Post
Ah Scotland, fair old trek, took me 7 and a half hours to a place called Dunbar. May have to pop to one of the meets at castle coomb circuit. Always used to want to go to jap fest there as long ago well 9 years ago I owned a skyline. Now i am 34 times are getting on. And I do like my peugeots, as this is my 6 th one.

Also I have just checked the bov on my turbo (small break in the rain here), and there seems no damage, as you explained.
There's the main show at start of June there. Go with a club called 207info.

Good and bad about the bov there lol as thats more pricey to replace but the easier one to get too!

Old 03-01-17, 11:39 AM   #9
Inactive User

Hi all. I have 1.6 THP 155 from october 2010 and experiencing same issue with P2263. It is appearing only when i will go over 4000 rpm or will drive car under hill as well as when Im driving faster than 130km/h on motorway. Did any of you experienced it that way ?
NocopL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-17, 12:22 PM   #10
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADS77 View Post
There's the main show at start of June there. Go with a club called 207info.

Good and bad about the bov there lol as thats more pricey to replace but the easier one to get too!

Mr ADS77 is good at these things...had similar problems and he diagnosed the two main culprits....changed the recirculating valve thing myself as it had practically disintegrated and bought the other piece myself and got a garage to replace it as it is a pig to get to. Suggest you do the valve first and recommend you just replace it as it only costs 50ish. Then if that does nowt do the other piece.
KenMavor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in