Peugeot 207 1.6 Sport Xs - Antipollution faulty - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-18, 05:41 PM   #1

Unhappy Peugeot 207 1.6 Sport Xs - Antipollution faulty

New to the forum thought about time I joined after owning my Peugeot 207 for a year. Understand there are loads of threads re: antipollution but couldn't find any threads that were having the same issue as me hence new thread

Bit of background - Purchased April 2017, antipollution fault flashed and EML up within 2 months of owning and no warranty engine timing error on diag - Timing chain, tensions and guides replaced. 6 - 8 months no issues until now bar a broken earth, leaky oil feed pipe and drive shaft joint.

Hopped in car this morning, drove for 2 mins and antipollution faulty came up and EML - no noticeable issues e.g. no loss in power and accelerates as normal.

Went to drive to work, error still there - at red line on fuel gauge, filled the car up, turned engine on and to my surprise Antipollution faulty and EML didn't come back?

Any ideas on what this might be? Getting a diag done tomorrow morning to see what errors have been flagged/stored and is booked in for stage 1 remap on Friday where they will read off live data and any faults before hand.
BrettTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-18, 05:44 PM   #2

Antipollution fault is not a fault its really a warning that SOMETHING is wrong that may cause pollution its badly worded and causes so much confusion.

It could be many things even stalling or labouring the engine can cause it !!
Old 12-02-18, 05:52 PM   #3

Everytime I hear that dreaded beep my heart stops!! aha

I found it very odd that it went as soon as i filled it up with petrol! I put 20 Tesco momentum in yesterday not an issue all day and then this morning some unleaded 95 from the local Texaco which seemed to have "cured it" xD

Old 12-02-18, 05:52 PM   #4

Antipollution fault is just generic message.

Whos doing he diagnostic for you? Dealership?

Could be a few things, but without the codes at present its just pure speculation. Once the codes are read we can point you in the rite direction and give u the relevant information.

Who had done the timing last year btw?

Its very common issue the timing on these engines and vast majority of garages don't set the timing rite or use the proper tools and the timing goes again very easily.
ADS77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-18, 05:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettTaylor View Post
Everytime I hear that dreaded beep my heart stops!! aha

I found it very odd that it went as soon as i filled it up with petrol! I put 20 Tesco momentum in yesterday not an issue all day and then this morning some unleaded 95 from the local Texaco which seemed to have "cured it" xD
your not the only one with that beep feeling lol even when it gets cold and low temp outside warning comes on the old heart skips a beat and stomach drops lol

what fuel do u normally use? having ran two 207 gti's over the 11 years nearly now, would highly recommend not to use 95 RON fuel.
Old 12-02-18, 06:09 PM   #6

My Local indy did timing last year and they have all the correct software to diagnose as when the fault came up last time I had a dealership check the error and then got my local indy to do the work who showed me the exact fault codes that the dealer had also got.

I know that stupid ice warning is a troll at times!!

I tend to use 95 RON often and when I cant Tesco Momentum?

Im hoping its not the bloody timing again although my indy only charged me 360 including parts and labour last time!
Old 12-02-18, 06:16 PM   #7

Quote:
My Local indy did timing last year and they have all the correct software to diagnose as when the fault came up last time I had a dealership check the error and then got my local indy to do the work who showed me the exact fault codes that the dealer had also got.

I know that stupid ice warning is a troll at times!!

I tend to use 95 RON often and when I cant Tesco Momentum?

Im hoping its not the bloody timing again although my indy only charged me 360 including parts and labour last time!
tbh thats mega mega cheap, should be 6 hour job the timing and parts alone this now are 340 !!!

Would suspect local garage won't have the proper Peugeot locking camshaft tool which is crucial to do the timing on these engines. The other sets that people use or are available have too much play in them and don't set the timing within the correct tolerance.

Even though a garage will say yes they can do the job or have the tools, end of the day it's sales pitch to get your car in their workshop.

What mileage is on the car now? With them getting older there are a few more things which are becoming very common on them that's going wrong.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 12-02-18, 06:30 PM   #8

I know thats mega cheap but the parts were no where near 340 :L timing kit was between 240 and 280 and they only charged me 2 hours labour because they were a few days behind schedule due to staff sickness and quite a good customer. first quote i had was 760 and where i had it done quoted me 500 - 600 depending on no. of hours.

think its at around 72,00 mark
Old 12-02-18, 06:34 PM   #9

Quote:
I know thats mega cheap but the parts were no where near 340 :L timing kit was between 240 and 280 and they only charged me 2 hours labour because they were a few days behind schedule due to staff sickness and quite a good customer. first quote i had was 760 and where i had it done quoted me 500 - 600 depending on no. of hours.

think its at around 72,00 mark
Thing is there isn't such a thing as timing kit despite what some garages will tell you, it's all individual parts that are selected to repair timing depending on the length of the chain once measured.

We do a lot of timing chains up here, only use Peugeot parts and the proper locking camshaft tool, had guys from Hertfordshire come up cause trust us more than a dealer to do the job lol

With that mileage I can imagine what possible issues will be, but the fault codes tomorrow will tell us all !!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 12-02-18, 07:11 PM   #10

I hope it's not the timing again have to wait and see what errors come up tomorrow. What sort of issues do you reckon it could be due to the age? as I've read things about the cat needing replacing and all sorts

Where are you based then?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in