Peugeot 207 1.6 Sport (2007) - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-17, 10:34 AM   #1

Default Peugeot 207 1.6 Sport (2007)

Good morning all, can anyone offer any advice regarding my 207 please? Since owning I have had a full service, a new catalytic converter, various sensors replaced at a cost of around 800 and have only had the car 6 months ? Recently the car refuses to start first time (usually third) and will only start if I rev the engine. It coughs, splutters, hunts a bit then runs absolutely fine! Please help!! Thanks
Yarg0476 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-17, 11:06 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarg0476 View Post
Good morning all, can anyone offer any advice regarding my 207 please? Since owning I have had a full service, a new catalytic converter, various sensors replaced at a cost of around 800 and have only had the car 6 months ? Recently the car refuses to start first time (usually third) and will only start if I rev the engine. It coughs, splutters, hunts a bit then runs absolutely fine! Please help!! Thanks
What engine?

Fuel supply issue maybe? Is it the same on a warm start (ie only been off shortly) or does it only happen when cold (ie been off for a longer time)?
Old 06-08-17, 12:05 PM   #3

Thank you for the reply. 1.6 16v VTI engine believe. Only on cold start, usually fine after running for a bit...

Old 06-08-17, 03:11 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarg0476 View Post
Thank you for the reply. 1.6 16v VTI engine believe. Only on cold start, usually fine after running for a bit...
As you unlock and enter the car, can you hear the fuel pump priming? If not, did you use to?
Old 06-08-17, 03:20 PM   #5

I'm not too sure to be honest, It's really intermittent too. Some days it starts straight away although this is becoming less frequent.. thank you for the assistance, is this a regular fault?
Old 06-08-17, 09:31 PM   #6

The majority of poot starting issues I see on the forum are down to either a failing starter or a battery that needs replacing. The starter is in my experience the most common fault. The starte fitted in the factory is usually a bit underpowered and unless it has been replaced will now be 10 years old and will likely have extremely worn brushes and / or a failing solenoid.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-17, 11:16 PM   #7

Thanks Storeman, I'm not convinced it's a battery/starter issue. My initial thoughts were a fuel issue as battery/starter are quite distinctive and I'd hope with my limited experience I would identify...
Old 16-08-17, 04:34 PM   #8

Can anyone else offer any further assistance please? Recently when starting the car idles rough and makes a backfire (from engine) type noise.. once revved the car runs and starts up fine... please help!
Old 19-08-17, 01:20 PM   #9

Checked fuel pump today, put key in ignition and can hear it prime... anyone?
Old 21-08-17, 07:53 PM   #10

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in