Peugeot 207 1.4hdi Fuel Pressure Question - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-08-18, 09:05 PM   #1

Default Peugeot 207 1.4hdi Fuel Pressure Question

Hi, I have done some body repairs on a 2009 207 1.4hdi 106k miles. The car will not start. The repairs were at the rear and did not involve any of the cars systems.

I have Diagbox/PP2000 but I have very limited experience with it.

I have read the bsi and ecu's using Diagbox and only found one fault code, F5FF which is unexpected re-intialisation fault from the bsi. This appears several times in the cars history log file over the last 30,000 miles so I don't think its this that is stopping its starting unless anyone thinks different? I see some people say its just because the battery was replaced which it was just before the car came to me. I can't see how to clear it though or perhaps it does clear but comes back as soon as I try to start the car?

Anyway I thought I would check the diesel fuel pressure using Diagbox. I don't really want to break in to the fuel system on the high pressure side as I have heard the car will be very awkward to start if I do this in addition to the problem I already have.

In the Diagbox "fuel circuit information" tab I can see the engine speed and fuel pressure. When I turn the engine over it shows the speed changing from 0 to a cranking speed of around 225rpm. The measured fuel pressure reads 0 bar. Surely this should read something considerable more for the car to start? or have I got this wrong and the measured fuel pressure is only available when the engine is actually running????

Also the manual primer bellows does not seem to go hard even after a few minutes of squeezing it.

Any one with any suggestions please? Thanks.

Last edited by twocossiebob; 17-08-18 at 09:24 PM.
twocossiebob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 17-08-18, 09:25 PM   #2

No you have read it correctly it should read live fuel pressure which needs to be above 250 bar for car to start.

As these cars have no lift pump and require a vacuum tight fuel line from the HP pump to the tanks. Its possible fuel hoses have been disturbed or affected by work you have done try priming fuel system by bulb in engine and see if it starts first
Old 17-08-18, 09:41 PM   #3

Many thanks for your suggestions Windy.

I have not touched any of the cars fuel or ignition system. The work was to the rear panel and boot floor only.

As per my second from last line below squeezing the primer bellows does not start the car nor do the bellows go hard which I believe they should.

So it seems you agree with my Diagbox fuel pressure reading being read correctly on cranking but being too low to have any chance of starting the car. Would this not through up any other error codes???

How is it best to check the fuel supply to the injectors or fuel filter?
twocossiebob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in