Peugeot 207 1.4 VTI 2008 fault codes - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-11-18, 10:25 PM   #1

Default Peugeot 207 1.4 VTI 2008 fault codes

Hi
engine management light came on and antipollution fault on dash and read these codes P0597 thermostat heater control circuit open and also P2231 02 sensor signal circuit shorted to heater circuit bank 1 senso 1 ,Is that the Lamba sensor ?? Car was low on water as my daughter doesnt check enough.

any help appreciated thanks julian
janker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 17-11-18, 02:30 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by janker View Post
Hi
engine management light came on and antipollution fault on dash and read these codes P0597 thermostat heater control circuit open and also P2231 02 sensor signal circuit shorted to heater circuit bank 1 senso 1 ,Is that the Lamba sensor ?? Car was low on water as my daughter doesnt check enough.

any help appreciated thanks julian
update also the fan is running constantly any ideas ?Should i try replacing the engine temperature sensor first as the wire looks ok going to it after inspecting it.
Old 18-11-18, 11:58 AM   #3

P0597 - look at the rear of the thermostat housing and there's a two-pin plug kind of pointing down and towards the bulkhead. That's the thermostat heater connector. See if it's corroded.
Equinox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 18-11-18, 04:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
P0597 - look at the rear of the thermostat housing and there's a two-pin plug kind of pointing down and towards the bulkhead. That's the thermostat heater connector. See if it's corroded.
Cheers Equinox i found the 2 pin plug but cant see how it releases to remove plug,when i get it out if it isnt corroded does that mean i would have to buy the complete thermostat housing to replace the switch if its faulty.
thanks for your help
julian
Old 18-11-18, 05:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Cheers Equinox i found the 2 pin plug but cant see how it releases to remove plug,when i get it out if it isnt corroded does that mean i would have to buy the complete thermostat housing to replace the switch if its faulty.
thanks for your help
julian
Also where can i buy this housing as seems so many different ones and some threads mention different wiring loom adapter and cheap ones can break easy
any recommendations please ?
julian
Old 18-11-18, 05:53 PM   #6

before going any further remove a battery lead and pull main plugs fron ecu and fusebox, check for any water or corrosion.
the o2 sensor is the top and more expensive one so rule out a short first.

have taken apart a thermostat heater before and its just a heating element so guess you can do a resistance check on that.
stripe88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-11-18, 06:12 PM   #7

Quote:
thanks for your help
julian
Engine compartment is full of very similar plugs. For the best clue have a look at the connector on the Exhaust Electrovalve. its at the front of the engine, on the left as you're looking at it, just below the rocker cover, pointing towards the front of the car.

To remove the connector you gently prise upwards on a locking tab with a small screwdriver. Figure out how it works on the electrovalve then try the thermostat heater - but this time the bloody locking tab is UNDERNEATH!!!

Have fun
Old 18-11-18, 06:16 PM   #8

Quote:
Also where can i buy this housing as seems so many different ones and some threads mention different wiring loom adapter and cheap ones can break easy
any recommendations please ?
julian
Here's the thread where I talk about replacing mine. My car is the 1.6VTI...

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums...cement-329202/
Old 18-11-18, 06:26 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripe88 View Post
before going any further remove a battery lead and pull main plugs fron ecu and fusebox, check for any water or corrosion.
the o2 sensor is the top and more expensive one so rule out a short first.

have taken apart a thermostat heater before and its just a heating element so guess you can do a resistance check on that.
Many thanks ive checked most connections and all seem good and clean just need get that stupid clip undone on thermostat control switch which i now have good advice on.
cheers for your help
Old 18-11-18, 06:28 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
Engine compartment is full of very similar plugs. For the best clue have a look at the connector on the Exhaust Electrovalve. its at the front of the engine, on the left as you're looking at it, just below the rocker cover, pointing towards the front of the car.

To remove the connector you gently prise upwards on a locking tab with a small screwdriver. Figure out how it works on the electrovalve then try the thermostat heater - but this time the bloody locking tab is UNDERNEATH!!!

Have fun
Many thanks Equinox i will give it a go when its daylight ,typical its at bottom lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in