Peugeot 207 1.4 Sport 2008 fault code P0599 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By WillNZ
  • 1 Post By WillNZ

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-18, 12:47 PM   #1

Default Peugeot 207 1.4 Sport 2008 fault code P0599

Hi everybody,Could somebody help me with a fault code that came up today on my daughters car,It was P0599 ,I checked the water header tank and was empty so topped it up with antifreeze and could not see any leaks,Would the low water have triggered this error code ??
I run the engine up to temp with no issues only thing i noticed was i didnt hear the coolant fan kick in at all today even after sitting their idling but the temp on gauge stayed normal ??
many thanks
janker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-18, 05:18 PM   #2

Update the engine seems to be getting very hot but the fan is still not coming on at all,I have checked all connections on sensors which look ok but thats about as far as i can go ,Doesn't seem to be loosing anymore water at moment but didnt want to risk damaging the engine.
The top hose is very hot and the bottom is cold,Could this be the thermostat stuck closed ?? Ive tried the bleed nipple at the back where it goes into heater but no air came out,I cant see the one to bleed on the thermostat housing at all ??
Any help would be appreciated thanks julian
Old 11-03-18, 06:57 PM   #3

You have diagnosed it yourself, the code is for a fault in the thermostat and the top hose being hot/bottom cold tells you the thermostat is not opening. Maybe faulty wiring/corroded connection or thermostat itself.
janker likes this.
WillNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-18, 07:06 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillNZ View Post
You have diagnosed it yourself, the code is for a fault in the thermostat and the top hose being hot/bottom cold tells you the thermostat is not opening. Maybe faulty wiring/corroded connection or thermostat itself.
Cheers connections seem good but looks difficult job to check the Stat,Would putting it on a diagnostics give a more accurate information as to what part is failing as i dont want to take it all apart to find it is a sensor ??

Many thanks for your help julian
Old 11-03-18, 07:25 PM   #5

The code description is 'thermostat heater control circuit high'. It lists possible causes as:

Failed Engine Cooling Thermostat
Engine Cooling Thermostat harness is open or shorted
Engine Cooling Thermostat circuit poor electrical connection

I dont know if live Diagbox/PP2000 readings will get you any closer to figuring out what the exact cause is as I have not had to check a 207 for this issue before as diagnosis varies from car to car.

I would start with electrical checks and end with removing and inspecting the thermostat for failure if the electrical checks did not show any obvious faults. Most of these units are not serviceable anyway so you might well be saddled with replacing the unit.
janker likes this.
WillNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-18, 10:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillNZ View Post
The code description is 'thermostat heater control circuit high'. It lists possible causes as:

Failed Engine Cooling Thermostat
Engine Cooling Thermostat harness is open or shorted
Engine Cooling Thermostat circuit poor electrical connection

I dont know if live Diagbox/PP2000 readings will get you any closer to figuring out what the exact cause is as I have not had to check a 207 for this issue before as diagnosis varies from car to car.

I would start with electrical checks and end with removing and inspecting the thermostat for failure if the electrical checks did not show any obvious faults. Most of these units are not serviceable anyway so you might well be saddled with replacing the unit.
Many thanks will give it a try and let you know.
thankyou for your help julian
Old 13-03-18, 10:18 PM   #7

Update .took it to a peugeot Garage and was tested several times they cant find anything wrong with it,Typical told me run it and if anymore problems come back,well we will see lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in