Peugeot 207 1.4 2008 start problem - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By windy1603

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-18, 06:30 PM   #1

Default Peugeot 207 1.4 2008 start problem

Hi Everyone
wonder if somebody could help me my car has been running fine,Anyway changed top strut bearing front and also replaced brake flexi front,I bled the brakes and car started them stopped ,Its turning over quite well but also brake failure warning coming up on dash,Brake pedal is perfect ??
Could this be turning something off to stop my car starting ?? seems like it isnt getting fuel ??

Any help would be appreciated julian
janker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-18, 09:37 PM   #2

Beep test ?

WHAT engine choice of 2 ?

ABS/brake fault wont stop engine starting.
Old 01-10-18, 09:44 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
Beep test ?

WHAT engine choice of 2 ?

ABS/brake fault wont stop engine starting.
Hi and thanks for reply
Yes i get a beep when the door is open with key in ok,Its 1.4 16 valve if that helps .
Ok interesting brake fault wont affect starting.
Ive just used a generic ob2 scanner and its only showed a P0599 thermostat heater control circuit high but the temp gauge is reading fine in the car.
Im sure this would not stop it starting ?? maybe is an old code.

Any ideas what i can try please,How can i see if its getting fuel to engine.

Last edited by janker; 02-10-18 at 10:42 AM.

Old 04-10-18, 11:00 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by janker View Post
Hi and thanks for reply
Yes i get a beep when the door is open with key in ok,Its 1.4 16 valve if that helps .
Ok interesting brake fault wont affect starting.
Ive just used a generic ob2 scanner and its only showed a P0599 thermostat heater control circuit high but the temp gauge is reading fine in the car.
Im sure this would not stop it starting ?? maybe is an old code.

Any ideas what i can try please,How can i see if its getting fuel to engine.
Update garage took it in no faults showing,tried various things to get it started but would not go off starter motor even with new battery.
They towed it and got it started and its starting fine again now they said sometimes they have had this problem in economy mode and the starter just wont turn fast enough or the ECU is stopping it starting off battery.

Fingers crossed it doesnt happen again very strange.
Old 13-01-19, 06:28 PM   #5

Hi all
well it happened again today after i started it a couple of times to turn the steering to check drop links for play,Car started fine both times but i didnt take it a run just started to use power steering from side to side and left it all was fine few hours later started it up and car cut out and would not start got the economy mode in display and sounded like battery was low on power anyway after my previous experience towed it 30 yds and started straight up,turned car off then started as normal off starter motor,So strange its like the Ecu gets glitched somehow in this economy mode if you dont start car up and take it for a run after.
Any ideas please.
Old 13-01-19, 07:50 PM   #6

You are not leaving it running for long enough and engine is flooding as its still running rich when you switch it off.

Try hold throttle pedal fully down when starting to activate anti-flood mode (cuts fuel until it sees engine trying to fire).

In future in cold weather always leave it running for at least 5 to 10 mins or take it for a drive round the block before switching off,
Gibbo, janker and terry57 like this.
Old 15-01-19, 04:55 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy1603 View Post
You are not leaving it running for long enough and engine is flooding as its still running rich when you switch it off.

Try hold throttle pedal fully down when starting to activate anti-flood mode (cuts fuel until it sees engine trying to fire).

In future in cold weather always leave it running for at least 5 to 10 mins or take it for a drive round the block before switching off,
Many thanks,will give it a go next time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in