P2603 Depollution System Faulty - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-08-17, 05:36 PM   #1

Default P2603 Depollution System Faulty

My '08 207 GT has been displaying the depollution system faulty message for a month or so. During this time it's been driven, but only on short trips (5-10miles max).
I've had my local independent garage take a look, and had the spark plugs & coil packs replaced. They mentioned a carbon build up, which they cleaned when the spark plugs were replaced. Since then the problem has returned, intermittently resorting to limp mode, which has progressively worsened. The garage have done the diags for me, but from a SmartBox device, which I'm assuming doesn't have the Planet Peugeot software? I've put a bottle of cataclean in the fuel tank, a week ago, but fault is persisting. The codes I've had:

P2603 - (Electric) turbo additional coolant pump control fault open circuit.

P2195 - Information on the mix between the upstream sensor and downstream sensor coherence

U1208 - Communication missing fault with engine ECU. Data invalid.

When the car is in limp mode, it's drivable, but the fan 'wurrs' for 30 seconds or so after the engine has switched off, so I think the cooling system is under stress.

Folks on here seem to be pretty knowledgable, and helpful, so figured I'd field these queries:

1) Could the P2603 issue above merely be a fuse in the engine bay that has blown?
2) U1208 - does anyone have an idea about this code? Bit of a concern this one.

Historically, the ABS ECU was failed about 18 months ago, and after being quoted circa 1500+ VAT for the part alone from the local peugeot dealer, I went with a reconditioned unit from above garage, which has been absolutely fine. Hence my concerns about approaching the aforementioned main dealer chaps for their input!

Thanks in advance people.
si207gt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 30-08-17, 07:23 PM   #2

Thought I'd add an update, in case someone else has a similar issue crop up.

Ended up taking the car to a peugeot main dealer, who had the same fault codes recorded in their diagnostic test.

In summary:

P2603 - Faulty electric water pump.

P2195 - Coherence between upstream / downstream sensors. After having the catalytic convertor tested, and cleaned this turned out to be a faulty exhaust seal. Saved me having to pay out for a new cat convertor. Although I'll see how this goes.

The other U code was a false positive.

Only just picked car up, so will see how we go. Turbo performance back, and engine seems a lot quieter, no fan noises and no other nasties. Long may it continue!

The peugeot main dealer were very good. Reasonable price for the above, and sent a video showing the diagnostics.
si207gt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in