P207 1.6 HDi Brake System Failure!! - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-19, 06:29 PM   #1

Default P207 1.6 HDi Brake System Failure!!

Hi everyone,

My Ď08 plate 207 Allure has been pretty solid of late but just as I was beginning to feel quite smug about its reliability, it has gone bad on me big time...! Please bear with me as I fill in the background to the onset of the fault:

I was driving home a few nights ago when suddenly both headlights momentarily went out closely followed by wipers on permanently (it wasnít raining but the wipers ignored whatever I did with the switch). Lights quickly came back on much to my relief, so I drove the last couple of miles home to the excruciating sound of dry rubber on glass.

Anyway, after safely parking in my drive, I switched off the ignition then tried starting the car again...dead as a dodo. Accompanied by dashboard warning - FAULT - BRAKING SYSTEM, then a few seconds later - INFO - a-bags/s-belts.
Then after a few minutes of failed repeated attempts at starting, the car went into Economy Mode, so I gave up and went to bed.

Next day I tried out my ANCEL AD610 scan tool/ABS reader (I know, I know, itís pants compared to PP or DiagBox, but itís all I have!) and it showed no OBD2 fault codes. When I switched the tool to ABS mode, it was unable to communicate at all.

I have checked the usual suspects such as under-bonnet fuses/connectors (nice and shiny) and Main ECU connectors (ditto) and Iíve even checked out the ABS module connectors under the front wing (no corrosion present although they were coated in grease).

So...even taking into account my extremely basic diagnostic tools, my money would be on a faulty ABS module, what do others think?

Sorry for the long rambling post but I just wanted to fill you all in with as much info as possible. I did check the scan tool on my wifeís Kia and it connected to the ABS system fine...

Thanks in anticipation for any help and advice!

Martin
cookm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-19, 06:57 PM   #2

seems to many problems for abs/ecu i would be looking at the bsi, was a post not long ago someone had got water through and into the unit.
have you done a reset?
stripe88 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-19, 07:10 PM   #3

Bad earth connector, take out battery and battery tray and check the earth cable,
whilst the battery is out charge it up, could also be a Alternator problem, the Alternator should put out about 14.4v when running.
Phil McNeil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-19, 07:16 PM   #4

Thanks Stripe and Phil. I have done a BSI reset many times. No change. I have also charged up the battery off the car. I canít measure the charging voltage unfortunately because the car wonít start...☹️
Old 02-04-19, 07:51 PM   #5

I've the same issue See the: 207 1.4 HDI Electrical Fault in the 207 forum
tony1t is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-19, 06:13 AM   #6

Tony, did you have access to a diagnostic scanner? I plan to have another look for poor earths today.
Old 03-04-19, 07:06 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookm View Post
Tony, did you have access to a diagnostic scanner? I plan to have another look for poor earths today.
Hi The AA came out and put his diagnostic scanner on the car. It hadn't stored any errors .
tony1t is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-19, 07:09 AM   #8

Thatís what I found with my scanner...no codes stored. But the big clue is that the same scanner would not communicate with the ABS module at all, hence why my attention is drawn to that device.
Old 03-04-19, 07:13 AM   #9

Hi...I would concentrate on getting the car running first ..abs module would not stop it starting..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007.. 407swgt...2018..3008 1.6 thp gt line auto...owned most models since 1985...phew..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
noddy-hol is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-19, 07:32 AM   #10

Ah, thanks for that info Noddy. I has assumed that failure to allow starting was the ECUís way of playing ďsafeĒ due to there being lack of full emergency braking...?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in