P1015,P101c,P101d Help - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By stripe88

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-08-15, 10:54 AM   #1
K3W
Inactive User

Default P1015,P101c,P101d Help

Hi there, new to this forum, I have two 207 in the family a 207cc & 207 hatch both vti engine. I've got a problem with the 207 hatch which is my daughters car it as broken down twice on her, the problem is lost all power, but idles ok.
managed to get car home and plugged my code reader in which gave me P1015,P101c & P101d but the problem is the next morning car runs absolutely fine, so I ran it for a few days to make sure, but car ran great. I did a engine flush, oil filter change with dealer filter and oil to be on safe side and gave her car back she did approx 30 mile and same thing happened again. loss power, same codes runs fine next day. I have now had car 3 days and it runs absolutely fine, cant get it to fault again but don't want to give her car back until I have found something. Any body come across this before ? any help would be greatly appreciated.
K3W is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29-08-15, 11:16 AM   #2
Inactive User

What engine does it got and what did you use to read the fault codes, i cant find much info on those codes but here is what i find:

P101D -variable valve lift motor control open circuit

P1015-Variable valve lift fault limp home position not reached.

If it is a VVTi type engine i see its common problem on the solenoids on the variable cam system to cause problems.
Pug407sw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-08-15, 11:29 AM   #3
K3W
Inactive User

Yes its a 1.4 vvti engine, and my code reader is a Autel. I managed to pull out the front valve solenoid for quick look for swarf or gunk but all seamed ok. I have read about timing chains on this engine but engine runs and sound good so dont think its anything to do with timing.

Old 29-08-15, 12:26 PM   #4
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by K3W View Post
Yes its a 1.4 vvti engine, and my code reader is a Autel. I managed to pull out the front valve solenoid for quick look for swarf or gunk but all seamed ok. I have read about timing chains on this engine but engine runs and sound good so dont think its anything to do with timing.
The solenoids are eletrical and you cant look at the to determine if they are good or bad, since you got a problem that comes and goes make i worse to diagnose but i would start with checking the wires and connectors to the solenoids.
Pug407sw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-08-15, 12:37 PM   #5
K3W
Inactive User

Im going to pull air box off inlet manifold so I can get access to rear solenoid and actuator
and check wiring this afternoon.
Old 29-08-15, 12:39 PM   #6

If it wasn't for all the high tech solenoids etc. fitted to modern vehicles the symptoms are classic old school problem of fuel starvation caused by a vacuum being created in the fuel tank by lack of ventilation, which occurred when the tank was over filled or by some other means obstructing air getting into the tank . I have had this happen on trucks ,cars and motorcycles and probably has nothing to do with the O.P problem but I thought that I would mention it.
roybach is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-08-15, 10:19 AM   #7

we found the exhaust solenoid bad which i think was because of heat soak from exhaust, but the intake solenoid also needed cleaning as it had a slight build up on one of the screens.

but if your codes are right it points to the valve lift motor which is on the right/rear of the engine (standing in front of the car)
to get it out remove the airbox, unbolt the 3 bolts that hold it on, put correct size allen key in the hole at the back of it and wind it out.(remove a battery lead first)

check and clean the worm gear on the end of it, carefull not to get any cleaner in the motor itself.

to remove the inlet solenoid you will probably need a stubby ratchet to remove the three bolts that hold the throttle body on, as seem to remember its in the way.
Pug407sw likes this.
stripe88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-15, 11:16 AM   #8
K3W
Inactive User

Thanks guys for your suggestions much appreciated, I removed air box and valve lift motor as Stripe88 suggested I'm unable to test it but I cleaned it up checked & all wiring also removed inlet solenoid and swopped it with exhaust solenoid from wife's 207cc ( she doesn't know ) also removed cam cover top to inspect timing chain top guide for breaking up and cam on the valve lift mechanism all appears to be ok. so rebuilt and now running car to see if it happens again. One thing I did notice though is when I removed Solenoid from wife's car hers did have a bit of grud on the little gauze filter but there was no gauze filter on the faulty car, so if there was any grud build up it will be if the oil galleries. wounder way they stopped fit gauze filter. Anyway fingers crossed its ok.
Old 02-09-15, 01:08 PM   #9

let us know how it gets on, shame you didnt check the tensioner when it was apart but hopefully it was just a glitch that is now sorted.
stripe88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in