P0597 and P0482 on 207 1.6 THP 150 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-17, 06:52 AM   #1

Exclamation P0597 and P0482 on 207 1.6 THP 150

Got "Engine Management System" flashing up on the information display. Plus I've lost A/C cooling - other than that everything seems to be fine (no loss of power or anything).

These 2 faults are stored:
P0597 Piloted thermostat control fault
P0482 Additional fan under the bonnet control fault

It's dark here now so I can't really do any more checking under the hood... I've never come across these faults before.

Anyone care to point me in the right direction?
bung206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-17, 10:45 AM   #2

Red face

Fixed it since I need this for work tomorrow!

I did some reading on those error codes and which pointed at the coolant. I checked the coolant and it was low. I figured the car was due for a coolant flush and I had coolant left over from another job so I replaced the coolant. Cleared the fault codes and did a long (45 minute) road test - seems OK.

One thing I have noticed is once warmed up, the temperature gauge USED to stay at exactly halfway (90 deg) before. But now, I see it fluctuating a bit between exactly halfway (90 deg) to just above halfway - (100 deg).

Reading the live data shows that the coolant temperature is hovering right around 100 degrees, with spikes to 105 (with it hitting a max of 110). No leaks.

Is this normal? I did check it is bled properly by making sure a stream of coolant is coming out the rubber cap on the heater core bleed point with the heater on max.
Old 12-12-17, 02:48 PM   #3

found it best to squeeze pipes at the same time as bleeding, may sort itself after a few runs.
stripe88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-17, 06:05 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bung206 View Post
Is this normal? I did check it is bled properly by making sure a stream of coolant is coming out the rubber cap on the heater core bleed point with the heater on max.
should be a bleeder on the thermostat housing too,could still be air trapped maybe..seems a little hot to me

also did you fill it like in this pic??

screen-shot-12-12-17-05-58-.jpg

i have used a bicycle tube cut in half before on my 307 ,fits nicely over the coolant bottle and held it up with anything you can,, think i used a brush handle and taped the other end of the tube to it to fill the coolant...a bit heath robinson but it worked

Terry
Old 12-12-17, 09:45 PM   #5

I didnít use that contraption, I just filled the reservoir to the top first time around when refilling and squeezed the hoses I could reach fairly aggressively. I then ran the car up to temp while holding the throttle at 2000 rpm and then once the coolant hit 80 deg I shut the whole lot down.

Not much of a drop in level, does anyone know how much coolant is supposed to be in the system?
Old 13-12-17, 11:03 AM   #6

Exclamation

Ok the car drove fine all day today to work and back. But when I set off after getting home to pick up a bottle of whiskey (heh) I got the "engine management system faulty" again. No A/C cooling. Orange triangle in dash, no check engine light. Everything else OK.

When I scanned it with Diagbox, the P0597 (thermostat fault) code is now gone, but the P0482 (Additional fan under the bonnet control fault) was stored. I cleared it, then took the car for a short drive and seems OK.

What the hell is the "additional fan under the bonnet"? Is that the fan on the intercooler? Or the main fan on the radiator? They both seem to work just fine as per the actuator test function in PP2000.
Old 06-03-18, 01:42 AM   #7

Red face

Diagnosis and resolution of this fault continued here: https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...relays-311649/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in