Oil use - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-15, 12:37 PM   #1

Default Oil use

I find I am putting in a good litre of oil for every 1500 kilometres.
This seems high to me, although in the last few years I have been running diesel engines. This is for the i.6 petrol with 75,000 miles on the clock.

I'd be interested to know what sort of top up others are having to do.

Regards,
Colin.
ColinJames is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-15, 01:45 PM   #2

on the 1.6 VTI (prince) engine fitted to my daughters 207cc Peugeot stated that
her oil consumption of around 3/4 Ltr per 1000 miles is acceptable oil consumption when I queried the oil consumption on her car
Old 04-11-15, 03:19 PM   #3

I haven't been measuring it that accurately, so I suppose it works out a little more than 3/4 litre per 1000 miles (even allowing for the mix and match in the system of units!).

The engine runs clean enough and is reliable so I suppose I shouldn't complain.
ColinJames is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-15, 10:40 AM   #4
Inactive User

i have the 1.6 turbo prince engine and mine drinks a bit of oil too.

funnily enough it hasnt used any in the 2 weeks following an oil change, potentially as new oil doesnt vaporise as easily to get sucked through the pcv.

before i serviced it, however, i could go through 600-700ml per 1000 miles of fairly spirited driving. if you drive very sensibly with no putting your foot down you may find the oil consumption lowers quite a lot.
adam19952013 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-15, 02:03 PM   #5
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinJames View Post
I haven't been measuring it that accurately, so I suppose it works out a little more than 3/4 litre per 1000 miles (even allowing for the mix and match in the system of units!).

My Pug also runs clean but consume 1 litre ~2000 km. I have noticed also engine coolant quickly becomes hot and stays about 105 C. In my opinion it must be about 90C.
when i went to local workshop they said i need to change motor head or completely all engine. Since then i am driving and adding oil because i don't believe that workshop.
insdeck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-15, 02:08 PM   #6
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by insdeck View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinJames View Post

My Pug also runs clean but consume 1 litre ~2000 km. I have noticed also engine coolant quickly becomes hot and stays about 105 C. In my opinion it must be about 90C.
when i went to local workshop they said i need to change motor head or completely all engine. Since then i am driving and adding oil because i don't believe that workshop.
head gasket? is the oil not contaminating the coolant causing it to run hot?
erick-r likes this.
Old 06-11-15, 02:31 PM   #7
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam19952013 View Post
head gasket? is the oil not contaminating the coolant causing it to run hot?
Sorry my english is not so good in car mechanics. I think correct translation for my expression "motor head" is cylinder head cover. As i was told in workshop consistency of coolant is very good and also oil seems to be clear (fine). I don't have money for deeper research that's why i'm filling oil and driving as it is.
insdeck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-15, 12:55 PM   #8

My 207cc turbo(petrol) drinks alot of oil. At least 1l per 1000km. I have blocked off the rear pvc and put a oil catch can on the turbo side but no oil in the canister. I think it's the turbo that leaks the oil but will investigate a litlle further.
Peterv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-15, 01:46 PM   #9
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterv8 View Post
My 207cc turbo(petrol) drinks alot of oil. At least 1l per 1000km. I have blocked off the rear pvc and put a oil catch can on the turbo side but no oil in the canister. I think it's the turbo that leaks the oil but will investigate a litlle further.
how did you block the rear pcv? doesnt blocking the pcv hose cause a pressure build up in the crankcase? also, some of the cheaper catch cans dont have the correct internal geometry to condense and catch the oil so the vapour may just be going straight through into the turbo.
Old 07-11-15, 08:23 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam19952013 View Post
how did you block the rear pcv? doesnt blocking the pcv hose cause a pressure build up in the crankcase? also, some of the cheaper catch cans dont have the correct internal geometry to condense and catch the oil so the vapour may just be going straight through into the turbo.
Peugeot sell a cap so you can block the pvc off.
Peterv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in